Thread: Hosting Change, Help Cover PGD Server Fees!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    personally i would recommend DA over CP.. DirectAdmin is much more stable, much faster and straight to the point, it can also do anything cpanel can do... hence the reason my company uses DA... I have used many of the different panels before moving my servers to DA, and i will never change back to CPanel (note cpanel is also very bloated)
    Download the Ziron Assembler
    Get free hosting for Ziron related fan-sites and Ziron projects, contact me in private message.

Yeah, it's what I get from my server provider, it works, and is what my customers like, so.. DirectAdmin is better resource-wise, but I'm not really tasking the server.

Blog Entries
    Hello all! Just wanted to let everyone interested know that I've finally registered at the new host and the total cost for the next 3 years is actually $320! Not too shabby considering the deal I got.

Included in this will be a whole lot more features that will allow PGD to operate at a greater scale than it has been able to up to this point.

New features:

• unlimited bandwidth
    • unlimited space
    • unlimited mysql databases (1GB space each!)
    • 1000 email accounts (want a you@pascalgamedevelopment.com email address?)
    • multi-server hosting so that if one server goes down the others will keep the site online. 99.9% uptime!

Also with the new host, I've added the new domain for the PGD Challenge competitions. It will have it's own showcase site so all past competitions and entries can be downloaded and shared.

Some members of the community have be so awesome in contributing donations to help cover this cost so far and to those a BIG BiG THANK YOU! Every bit helps as this kind of hosting does come with a tiny price tag. If you would still like to donate please go to the 'Home' page of the site and click on the Donate paypal button to see how you can help out.

More information to come as I work behind the scenes to make this move happen. Thanks for your support folks!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder