Quote Originally Posted by WiZz
forum is alive , DelphiX is very old and uses only DirectX 7 (maybe higher), i recomend to use unDelphiX or Omega headers. i am waiting more info about your game
Hi WIZz,

I know that DelphiX only supports DirectX 7, but the game will be in 2D and DirectX 8 support does not bring much advantage, cause as I know DirectDraw didn't change since DirectX 7.

I already tried out mixing 2D and 3D for special effects, seems to work fairly good. If UnDelphiX gives advantage in this, I will consider about changing to it. Do you have experience with this? I read somewhere that UnDelphiX brings also some advantage in framerate also in 2D, is this true?

The game will be something like a mixture of about 20 games, each working together with the main game. Do you know Yahtzee? This is the main game. Sounds stupid and easy, huh?
But it isn't that easy. You will play Yahtzee, but have to manage much more than this. There will be some minigames, like Tetris, Senso, Poker, Darts, BlackJack, 4 wins etc. There will be Jokers, Extras like bombs to be placed on the gameboard of another player to steal points from him and so on.
The whole game will be lead by a female gameleader, who offers minigames to the players, or nacks them when doing no good job, players can play minigames against each other, or against the leader, the Joker system will bring some more fun into the game, you can steal a Yahtzee from your opponent, or put a ghost on his board. My friend does a great job in the graphics and sound so that all this comes on the screen very beautiful.
Maybe I post some screenshots here later.
At the beginning you can choose between 20 !! different players, each with his own graphics (when speaking, laughing etc) and his own sound samples (there will be about 200 different spoken sentences for each player).
Ok, thats enough for now.

Greetings,
Huehnerschaender