Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pascal Gamer Magazine Issue 4 Needs Content: Want to write an article?

Blog Entries
    Thanks to Super Vegeta we have out first submitted article. I may have had one other article submitted way back, I'll have to check.

Math stuff to go into the Coder's Block would be great. Math is after all one of the main principals behind programming. Probably why my high school back in the day put the math department in charge of all the CS stuff.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm dead in the water until I can build my new rig. The earliest I can give an ETA on the android goodness would be 2 to 3 days from now, what length are we talking? I could probably squeeze it into 1 or 2 days work for the entire article meaning it could be out by weeks end...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    A few days is excellent actually.

I would like to have all the articles in by the end of December this year so I can work on formatting them and putting them into pages of the magazine using iStudio while I'm away for most of the month of January. Don't know how good my internet connection will be out there, I've heard horror stories so...

Such is the life of a man with a committed career. Worry not though folks, I never forget you guys.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Oh and feel free to include some illustrations, clip art and even graphs and diagrams to go with your article too. These really help speed me along if I have existing graphical stuff to throw in with it right there. Otherwise I have to go searching for appropriate things to put in with the text it's self to make it more than a wall of text. It's a magazine after all, right?

Oh and please please please include a small picture of yourself with your article that I can use to show the author. However I do understand that some people are camera-shy so in such a case an avatar would suffice, but please do consider the photo first.

You may have noticed that I have been throwing my ugly mug up on the magazine and on other community media. It really does help to "put a face" to all the community things we are doing. That it's realy people and not just a bunch of kooky Pascal Zealots with their programming propaganda.

I await more of your great articles and code bits...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    A few days is excellent actually.

I would like to have all the articles in by the end of December this year so I can work on formatting them and putting them into pages of the magazine using iStudio while I'm away for most of the month of January. Don't know how good my internet connection will be out there, I've heard horror stories so...

Such is the life of a man with a committed career. Worry not though folks, I never forget you guys.
    Ok, I will see how I go with my SDL + boulder dash article

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that I can also include bonus files for each issue to be downloaded from the website.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

That would very handy as I will want to include example code for the article that people can download, thanks Jason

Blog Entries
    Yup you can include a complete source of your example game, however don't lean on those files for your article. It's only a bonus and as such the magazine article must be able to function without the included source just as well.

But it is nice to have and very handy as I know from experience.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I was just thinking that if I have to explain even a simple SDL program + very simple boulder dash game starting point in the magazine (including full code), then the article might become rather large
    Any advice?

I guess I could break the article up into parts and give them to you so you can possibly put them in different issues depending on the overall size

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast