Hi there,

I am new to PowerDraw and I like the way it makes it possible to draw 2D things using 3D hardware. Very nice idea and very good implementation!

Now my question:

I am trying to convert a little part of a 2D game I was developing quite a time ago, and I discovered the following problem:
I need to use 800x600 resolution and my background-graphic is a still Image of this size. I load this image in an Imagelist and draw it by using RenderEffect-Routine of PowerDraw. Seems to work fine and fast using hardware... I tried out this little experiment on a computer with ATI Radeon 9000 mobility, works fine with more than 800 FPS in fullscreen.
On another PC with GeForce4 Ti 4200 it works fine also with nearly 1000 FPS in fullscreen mode.
Now the problem: I tested it on a PC with a shared memory Geforce 2MX/400 and every picture which has no size like 16*16,32*32,64*64,128*128 or 256*256 is shown just as a white square!
So how do I paint images which has size like 800*600 on older graphic cards, which support 3D but no textures of different sizes like mentioned above?
Lets stay at my little example. I want to paint a backgroun of size 800*600. How do I do this whithout getting problems on older graphic cards? Do I have to tile the background in 256*256-blocks? If it is so, then how would I e.g. rotate an image bigger than 256*256?
Maybe the question is stupid and you have a quick answer, but any hint would help me very much.
Thanks in advance.
Dirk