Quote Originally Posted by Androk
Hi, I just started working on Hartland, an MMORPG, I want it to have a Game it self, Level Editor, Messenger, and a few other things. Howevere I have no idea where to start. I am no begginer in programing, or maybe I am.
Right now I was thinking about creating engine, basically by that I mean Player walks around, levels are actually drawn with help of level files, and tha's it. Howevere I ahve no idea where to start, or how. Help?
I think I can help you out with lots of what you need. I have seen both the source code and the server files for a commercial Delphi MMORPG. (The Legend of Mir), it's a very addictive game and having seen the server files, it opened up a lot of ideas on how to get round problems that bothered me in the past. I started coding my own MMORPG about 2 weeks ago and have a Message Server, Login Server, Main Server, Client Shell, Image Compressor, Image Library Builder, and have just started the Map Editor. The biggest problem I am having is getting a TRichEdit working with fullscreen DirectX, infact it looks like I will have to bin it an write a new dx component. The messaging functionallity is complete though and it seems fairly stable. I am using Indy components for the TCP/IP.