Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volunteers for Next PGD Challenge Judges...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Any idea if this is possible?
    What are you using to record your game? I've been using Fraps myself and recording audio + video is no problem at all. Fraps is not free (it's 27 EUR), but it beats CamStudio anytime when recording gaming content.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I would be glad to make one of my entry Vectored!...unfortunately, it would be without sound, as I have never had any luck recording audio + video ever...

Any idea if this is possible?
    If you can't find a program that can record both, hook up your audio output to whereever you can record it and merge them later. That is a hack, and there must be better ways (as Stoney suggested) but sometimes that kind of fixes are the fastest way.

@Stoney: I have tried Camtasia Studio 3 (from my work), and CamStudio too, but haven't managed to record audio from programs/games yet...
    I don't have a copy of Fraps unfortunately.

@Ingemar: hmm...I might have to try doing it that way, thanks

Well, I have downloaded Fraps and the unregistered version seems to have done the trick! (thanks Stoney!)

@WILL: Here is my video of Vectored! (22.8MB 7-zip file):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1805932/vectored!_video.7z

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 31-12-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    FRAPS is the best for Windows. However what is the best for Mac? I got a commercial copy of FRAPS for PGD use, but since I don't run a Windows machine anymore, I'm trying to find an alternative to it for my system.

Thanks for the videos guys! Just about 6+ min. more and I can make some kind of video ad.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    However what is the best for Mac?
    You can make screencasts using Quicktime in Lion, although I never tried that. I have been using Screenium which I bought two years ago during their christmas sale, but you may need to tweak around in the settings depending on the video (quality and framerate) you want to have.
    I have tried a lot of solutions for Mac OS X (except for using Quicktime) and Screenium is the one that I liked most and yet not as pricey as Camtasia for example. In fact, every video on my Youtube channel that uses a Mac OS X environment was made using Screenium (except for the timelapses).
    Last edited by Stoney; 01-01-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Cleaning up a sentence
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    You can make screencasts using Quicktime in Lion, although I never tried that. I have been using Screenium which I bought two years ago during their christmas sale and but you may need to tweak around in the settings depending on the video you want to have.
    I have tried a lot of solutions for Mac OS X (except for using Quicktime) and Screenium is the one that I liked most and yet not as pricey as Camtasia for example. In fact, every video on my Youtube channel that uses a Mac OS X environment was made using Screenium (except for the timelapses).
    I never even heard about Screenium, but I have several others that I've bought in various bundles. I don't use them very often, but I think ScreenFlow was the one that really performed well. I also have Screen Mimic, which I think couldn't do the same frame rate, but the price was great.

Blog Entries
    Are our volunteer judges about ready for another Challenge?

It's coming real soon. I have the theme all picked out and it's ready for all to get started. Pending final write-up we will be set to start next week as long as I can get a hold of all of the volunteer judges and confirm they are still in. Sorry for the longer than anticipated wait on getting the 2nd one going, my real life career path has forced me to stray away from many PGD activities of late, but I'm here now to get things going again.

So far I have Jim McKeeth and Luuk van Venrooij as volunteers which will allow us to have all 3 major platforms (Win,Lin,Mac) supported.

Also with the addition of the Smart Mobile Studio, this will allow an extra, common platform based on Web Browser support of HTML5 and JavaScript. I may have to go over what is possible for details on how distribution works for the competitions considering the resulting code would require a web server to run them, but I'm sure we can sort this out easily before next week.

Get excited everyone, it's almost here!

More details will be announced soon and theme and all participating info will be announced on the day of the competition. This isn't the official public announcement, but it is all accurate information.

If there is anyone that would like to volunteer as a back-up judge that would be very helpful as well.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12