Hi William,
The bugs I was referering to are specifically to do with the Lazarus IDE. It is functional but has a few things that need polishing, so stick to command line or Delphi/Kylix for now or help them fix the bugs.

Though I have not used the FreePascal compiler extensively, in the couple of years I have used it, it has done well with the JEDI-SDL stuff. Just remember to set Delphi mode when compiling and it should be fine as long as you tend to use Delphi 5 or 6 syntax. My command line always starts with...
fpc -Sd -B <project name>.dpr
The -Sd sets Delphi compatability mode.
The -B does a build all so is optional.

Other things to watch out for are things like the fact that FPC does not have TCollection class as far as I can tell. But then I tend to use TList or TObjectList as my base classes for lists. The other thing to note is that if you are making use of RTTI, the underlying structure is slightly different to Delphi. This became particularly evident with Igor's SDL Controls ( http://sdlcontrols.sourceforge.net ), and that is why his controls can only be used with Delphi/Kylix for now. Eventually SDLControls will also work with FPC once we iron out the RTTI issue.

Keep these simple things in mind when writing your JEDI-SDL FPC code and it will compile and run on Win32, Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS X, and maybe oneday even PS2 or XBox