View Poll Results: Are you ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It's about time.

4 40.00%
  • No. Not a good time!

2 20.00%
  • Not the best time, but it's happening at least...

4 40.00%

Thread: Is everybody ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i think its ok .and i predict good news will appear in the next year about delphi and PGD

but any idea about the theme ?

Blog Entries
    Oh I know exactly what the theme is, but I'm not telling until the start announcement.

Good things are happening for Object Pascal as a whole. New compilers to work on the new platforms and existing ones we've been asking for for ages. Libraries and API are getting better. New game engines are popping up all over too. This old girl ain't gone on us yet boys and girls.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It isn't the best time for me. I was hopping to finish one off my projects (program suited for making continuous graphics), but since development almost halted on it I'm afraid that it will take too much time for me to finish it so don't wait for me. I will try to finish it til next PGD competition.
    Anayway ff the teme would seem sutiable for me I'll definitly join up.

Blog Entries
    I think the theme will be approachable by most. It might take some creative thinking, but it doesn't require the most polished graphics or advanced techniques. However if you can do that, that's great.

Unlike the gigantic PGD Annuals we did, the PGD Challenge is meant to be a much smaller task or "challenge" where even a partially completed game has a chance to stand out. And fun too. Not that the big compos weren't, but these you can start em and leave em if you don't want to stick it out with a long project.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Not sure if I will join this time. Since I have gotten the Pascal Gamer Magazine article out of the way, I really really really should concentrate on The Probe again for a while since I have gotten it to a much better point now...and I want to fix it up more
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 23-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well it's coming boys and girls! (Well mostly boys I guess...)

In 2 weeks we are going to start the next PGD Challenge with a brand new theme. As promised it will be simple, yet fun for creating ideas for. The development period will last about 3 weeks, plus a weekend to wrap things up. All are welcome to participate.

We have 2 judges for this one and we will have their specs by the time the big starting day announcement will be posted.

Start spreading the word and getting all your Pascal programming buddies involved. Last year we ran the first and it was really successful and I hope to repeat the same. All those that said they wouldn't want to miss another competition this is it. Entries don't have to be fully complete or polished to commercial standard, just playable and follow the theme. Scoring will be just the same as the first and bonus points will be included for those willing to do a little extra. Unlike last time however, they will not tip the scales as much as they did last time. We've learned our lesson. But they will give a few extra points to reward the extra effort.

The plan is for competition start to kick-off on the 30th of March which is a Friday. You will then have 3 weeks and a weekend to finish your game entries.

It's going to be fun. There is lots of possibilities from the theme I've picked and I hope you will have fun with it.

Also I'm planning on adding a new potential platform thanks to the release of Smart Mobile Studio and the availability of HTML5 and JavaScript in most current day browsers. How these will be submitted will need to be figured out exactly, but we plan to have the final word on that before the start date of the challenge.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'm absent for a long time, but I was wondering if it's a good idea... Let's get a good theme and open the competiton to everybody: Html5, C++, Lua, C# and all
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    The plan is for competition start to kick-off on the 30th of March which is a Friday. You will then have 3 weeks and a weekend to finish your game entries.
    Great! I'll try to find time to enter (esp. if HTML5 is allowed and there is no need for a complete entry )