Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LinSoraK View Post
    Hello,

I'm a Delphi Dev and I would say thanks to Athena for my account
    You are most welcome. Welcome to PGD
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Hello to all the community PGD!

First of all, I want to thank a AthenaOfDelph for helping me in my registration.
    I am new to PGD and I hope to learn and work with you in what I allow my knowledge.

I have some experience (not too much, not too little) in the world of Delphi, but in develop video games I'm blanking.
    For years in my head I have ideas for a game, although I have not yet been able to shape and join them. And I me said that it is time to start down to earth and materialize. So that's why I'm here! Martinez Ñuño sometimes spoke me of this community; maybe know him.

My intention is to use Lazarus / Free Pascal under Linux, because my economy does not allow me to go for the new versions of Delphi and I want to give you a very good opportunity to Lazarus and Linux. Maybe not be the best choice but I expect who I not have too much difficulties.

Hopefully what I learn here could lead me to consider myself a Indie Developer, it will be a long way to go. I have no hurry, step by step.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Argentinian. Despite having studied English is hard to me speaking and translate.

Regards,

Welcome LinSoraK and Delphius to PGD...I hope you find out all you want during your stay here

cheers,
    Paul

Hello!
    Thanks Paul for the welcome.
    I've been reading some threads and posts and it's amazing the amount of information out there.

As I said, I'm going to be seeing little by little, step by step my project game. I do not have much time because right now I have pending the Degree Project for to greet in Computer Engineering.
    Once I'm received, hopefully by the end of the year, I could spend more time in my proyect.

In the last years I've been self-taught and complementing training I received at the University. I have no fear to learn new things and more focused on what is video games. I do not consider myself an expert in algebra, calculus in general and physics but I can say that these are things that I like.
    From there to step into the games while not easy, but I have the ability... In my years of Delphi, and since I started in college I made some small games that did not require so much graphic at mode of practical.

I just need to be arrange more things that I have in my head. And learn more about certain data structures, such as Octrees, quadtress, checkerboards, etc. and graphics libraries/frameworks/engines.

Regards,
    P.S: Sorry for my poor English.