Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post
Now, I've been going through the forum and have been using a search engine, but I cannot find any link nor information about available books on programming with FreePascal and SDL. Aren't there any books available, preferrably good books to be recommended?
I don't think there are any books about using SDL with FreePascal but I may be wrong. The closest thing to that is FreePascal meets SDL webpage wich contains quite a few tutorials on how to use SDL with FPC. You can find page here:
http://www.freepascal-meets-sdl.net/

There are SDL 2.0 headers in making for pascal. You can read more on this here:
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...-Object-Pascal

The reason why you probably didn't find much on SDL using serch function of PGD site is becouse search function threats SDL as to short word and doesn't even include it as search keyword.
Luckily the talk about SDL 2.0 headers happened recently so I could have finded that thread manualy for you.

What I mean is that, among other important things, they also teach you how to be creative in programming and how to think like a programmer to solve certain problems.
Such books usually doesn't focus on using specific graphic engine but on general game development. But it is hard to find any general book as it laregly depends on what you want to achieve.

Also, if one uses a 64-bits version of Windows, what exact SDL.dll should be used?
SDL.dll file versionm isn't dependant on wheter Windows is 32 bit or 64 bit but on your aplication. If you compile your game with 64 bit compiler you would need to use 64 bit version of SDL.dll and if you compile your game using 32 bit compiler you would have to use 32 bit version of SDL.dll

NOTE: 32 bit applications always use 32 bit dynamical libraries (dll-s) and 64 bit applications always use 64 bit dynamical libraries. This is necessary becouse of difference in pointers between 32 bit and 64 bit applications as wel as becouse of difference in instance handling and memory handling between 32 bit and 64 bit applications. You can always run 32 bit applications on 64 bit Windows (32 bit compatibility mode) but you can not run 64 bit application on 32 bit Windows.

BTW Welcome back!