Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Blog Entries
    Hi Eric and welcome to PGD!

Please read the FAQ to learn the rules of the forums and to get to know a little bit more about the community here.

You are now un-moderated and may post anywhere in the forums. Enjoy!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thanks and... "Retards" is a typo I meant "regards".

Hello and comments

Although I've had your link for some time, I chose to register just now because I recently retired and have plans to put together a small game I've been thinking about for a long time along with a few 'normal' projects as well. I've already found a lot of valuable information here, and I hope to be able to offer some as well.

I'm a self-taught semi-professional programmer that started with Delphi 1 back when it first hit the streets. Choosing it over VB because like most Pascal lovers, 'Var' seemed to make a hell of a lot more sense to me then 'DIM'! I worked with every version of Delphi up to and including XE Studio, building all kinds of applications for general and buisness use including dB before taking a couple years off to handle some family needs. And I also developed and used my own simple version of a modeling tool and methods for retaining code-data-gui seperation. Now that I'm back at it, I'm using Oxygene from RemObjects which is a Pascal derivitive a lot better than Delphi will ever be no inside a Visual Studio Shell. It's fantastic and allows Windows Form and WPF projects using XAML and other techniques. I had worked with their first beta version a few years back and now can't leave it ever again!

I'm open to any disscusion, critique, or criticsim at anytime on any subject!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to PGD TanDesign!

I have un-moderated you and you may now post anywhere else in the PGD forums. The base of Oxygene users here is small, but growing. I feel that it's probably the best set of tools for commercial game development if you want to meet all the top platform demands that gamers are into today. Not that Delphi and Free Pascal and Lazarus aren't also good for making commercial games, but they are more platform restricted. The lesser of those is Free Pascal / Lazarus, but even it does not run 100% native on Android so it still takes some extra doing to make it fit on any of those devices.

Please feel free to talk about game and graphics development with Oxygene in the Oxygene forum as there has been only little discussion so far.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Free Pascal / Lazarus, but even it does not run 100% native on Android
    sorry but that is just not true, fpc can already compile the native for android DVM code: http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM
    that is if you care for the relatively slow java virtual machine code. fpc can also compile the binary code that, with a little extra effort, can work on the android platform.
    the downside of fpc though is that it is more complicated to set up. the only platform I know that fpc cannot compile for at this point is javascript for html5.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    fpc can already compile the native for android DVM code: http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM
    Oh interesting. Last I looked into this you had to do some hardware tricks to make FPC compile for a specific Android device rather than all hardware that ran Android. I'm glad to hear about this either way.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

First post

Hi

I am hoping to make a new topic, not only replying to an existing one.

Regards,
    Juha Manninen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuhaManninen View Post
    Hi

I am hoping to make a new topic, not only replying to an existing one.

Regards,
    Juha Manninen
    Hello and welcome to PGD!

I have just un-moderated your account so now you can post to other forums and create your own topics of discussion.

Thanks for your interest in the community I hope you enjoy being a part of this elite niche of game developers that use Pascal-based tools.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

sp84
    Hi, my name is Simon! I've been programming in Pascal ever since I was 10 years old when my Dad started teaching me using Turbo Pascal. Still programming in Pascal today (mainly using Delphi and FreePascal/Lazarus).

Looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Hi,
    I first learnt to program (in pascal) a few years ago and have just picked it up again but I have got stuck with allegro.pas. I'm using a raspberry pi and the demo compiled fine, and I copied all the files into the units/arm-linux directory, but whenever I try to compile one of the examples, I get:

albase.pas(209) Error: Can't create assembler file: /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.0/units/arm-linux/allegro.pas/albase.pas/albase.s

Is this just a problem with the raspberry pi, or can it be fixed?
    Please can someone help me!

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast