Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

DeepX welcome to PGD. I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    I have aproved your posts so please spend some time browsing through our forums for autopromotjion system to kics in and Unmoderates you so you would be able to post anywehere on the forum. If for some reason this doesn't happen do contact me.

Hi, am DeepX i am human no bot

Hi DeepX we already know that
    You have been unmoderated about a weak ago already so you can post anywhere on the forum.

Jenny

Hi there!!

Hi..really excited to be in this exciting forum....hope to learn and contribute here..

Jenny and welcome to PGD! I hope you stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    Please do some browsing around our forum for autopromotion to kick in and get you unmoderated so you will be able to post anywhere on the forum.

Hi Jenny, welcome to PGD...I hope you find the community here friendly and helpful

cheers,
    Paul

Wink Hi all guys!

Hello!
    I'm a Software Engineer at Spain that grow loving C and making my own non published games, until I found Delphi at work. Fistly I hate that so simple and stupid language, C and his pointer magic seemed to be awesome and unbeatable.
    Currently I love Object Pascal, love its strict syntax and strict type checking and hate C (and derivates) with tis obscure syntax and lot of holes related to pointer magic. I also love how fast object pascal compiles, we have a commercial business project (DelphiXE) with about 500k rows and around more that 250 files compiles in less than 10 seconds!
    I started to doing my personal project with FPC around a a year ago, after trying almost anything, like Java (to target Android), Haxe (awesome powerfull language but I dont like that its syntax is very error prone and obscure with macros), C++ (years ago), C# ...

And after all this language switching ... all I can say is : I love Object Pascal.
    There is only one thing I miss on FPC, and is function generics like Java:
    public <T extends TMyClass> function SetManager(T manager);
    public <T extends TMyClass> function GetManager(Class<T> managerClass);

I need this to port Artemis to Object Pascal, and I don't know how to circunvent this issue.

BUT this is another issue, just hello from Spain!

P1971

Hello all

Hey folks. Excited to be here. I'm hoping there's a lot I can learn.

P1971 and rferriz welcome to PGD! I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible. Plese do some more browsing through our forums so autopromotiuon system can kick in and unmoderate you so you would be able to post anywhere around the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rferriz View Post
    I need this to port Artemis to Object Pascal, and I don't know how to circunvent this issue.
    When you mention Artemis do you maybe mean ARTEMIS Spaceship Bridge Simulator (http://www.artemis.eochu.com/) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    P1971 and rferriz welcome to PGD! I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible. Plese do some more browsing through our forums so autopromotiuon system can kick in and unmoderate you so you would be able to post anywhere around the forum.

When you mention Artemis do you maybe mean ARTEMIS Spaceship Bridge Simulator (http://www.artemis.eochu.com/) ?
    I fear not. I mean Artemis entity system: http://gamadu.com/artemis/

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast