Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S3M or MOD Pascal/Delphi player library with source code (no DLL/SO!)?

S3M or MOD Pascal/Delphi player library with source code (no DLL/SO!)?

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone here knows of any source code that can play MOD/S3M audio tracker files using Pascal/Delphi code, preferably with no external DLL/SO dependencies?

I have found this project:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmodpas/

But it is barely begun and doesn't do much of anything yet...

I want to add in the loading and playing of MOD in to my game to reduce the file size and give me more song options

Maybe I could make up something myself, but I was hoping to not re-invent the wheel

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    That sourceforge project looks familiar.

I had started that little project some time ago. I believe I had some trouble with decoding IT samples and the other developer helping lost interest which brought it to a grinding halt. I don't believe a project that is source only exists, not for Pascal. But you could start one if you were so inclined. I could dig up some of my old sources for the player I started. It was able to load older S3M and MOD files and play back the samples from a list. It's an old Delphi project, but I'd have to find it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    That sourceforge project looks familiar.

I had started that little project some time ago. I believe I had some trouble with decoding IT samples and the other developer helping lost interest which brought it to a grinding halt. I don't believe a project that is source only exists, not for Pascal. But you could start one if you were so inclined. I could dig up some of my old sources for the player I started. It was able to load older S3M and MOD files and play back the samples from a list. It's an old Delphi project, but I'd have to find it.
    if you could find the sources, that would be a great starting point...maybe I can get something going!

cheers,
    Paul

The only one powerful library which I know is modplug, but it's written in C. It supports huge list of track-formats, and because of this size is a bit big(~300Kb on each platform, but every format is in separte module, so it will be easy to remove no needed formats). I'm planing to use it statically with FreePascal code and already built static libraries for GNU/Linux i386/x86_64 and Windows i386/x86_64(with dll's)
    Last edited by Andru; 09-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Now those are some nice finds guys - those mod files can deliver some great size:quality ratios compared to midis and other formats... If anyone is thinking about starting a community project based on that source I'd be more than happy to help out any way I can
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

modplug, eh? Sounds good...thanks for that Andru

On the other hand, in my searching last night I found this topic on stackoverflow:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...ies-for-delphi

Which mentions our very own BeRo (Benjamin Rosseaux)! He has a bunch of downloads which includes source code for a MOD player and XM player! (MiniMod, and BeRoXM):
    http://bero.0ok.de/downloads/

He also as a very small player that seems to be able to play MOD/S3M/IT/XM and some others...

I have sent him a PM about be being able to use some of this source code in my game

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    You could try SoundLib3 which is completely written in Object Pascal. Not sure if it requires a dynamic library though. http://www.crossfire-designs.de/inde...e&name=sl3.htm

ModPlug had been made open source some time ago. Though written in C, it did help me work on my OpenMod library a bit...

...still looking Paul.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    You could try SoundLib3 which is completely written in Object Pascal. Not sure if it requires a dynamic library though. http://www.crossfire-designs.de/inde...e&name=sl3.htm

ModPlug had been made open source some time ago. Though written in C, it did help me work on my OpenMod library a bit...

...still looking Paul.
    thanks Jason

EDIT: SoundLIb3 does use DLLs BTW...
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 09-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Has anyone here 'heard' from BeRo (Benjamin Rosseaux) lately? I PMed him a couple of days ago but haven't gotten an answer yet about his module playing code...

cheers,
    Paul

@Paul: I have read your mails, but I was busy (and I am still it) in the moment, so that I wrote the answer mail first some minutes ago. So check your mails

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast