Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S3M or MOD Pascal/Delphi player library with source code (no DLL/SO!)?

Quote Originally Posted by BeRo View Post
    @Paul: I have read your mails, but I was busy (and I am still it) in the moment, so that I wrote the answer mail first some minutes ago. So check your mails
    No worries Benjamin, I have read the email, and thanks so much!! You rock!

cheers,
    Paul

FMOD has a minifmod player in sourcecode and free. The source code builds a dll, but I think it can be ported to create a component.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    FMOD has a minifmod player in sourcecode and free. The source code builds a dll, but I think it can be ported to create a component.
    Thanks pitfiend, but I want to avoid using FMOD (and BASS for that matter) because if your program/game is not free, then you have to pay too much money for a license

thats the beauty of this minifmod, it's c/c++ source code, not dll. look here http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download#FMODMini

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Useless, because it's Windows only.
    Man, it's source code. You can port it to your sinclair 48 if you want...

Man, it's source code.
    Man, did you see that source code before telling me this? It uses windows.h and WinMM for sound output. Removing these units and adopting to something like OpenAL/etc. will take a lot of effort. So my opinion - it's absolutely useless, because of one more reason - paul_nicholls asked about simple solution for Pascal, not C/C++. I would understand if it had been just compilable, but rewriting a bunch of code in C/C++ - sorry, I(and everybody else, I think ) better find something really cross-platform, even if it written not in Pascal, but can be compiled and used
    Last edited by Andru; 01-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Man, did you see that source code before telling me this? It uses windows.h and WinMM for sound output. Removing these units and adopting to something like OpenAL/etc. will take a lot of effort. So my opinion - it's absolutely useless, because of one more reason - paul_nicholls asked about simple solution for Pascal, not C/C++. I would understand if it had been just compilable, but rewriting a bunch of code in C/C++ - sorry, I(and everybody else, I think ) better find something really cross-platform, even if it written not in Pascal, but can be compiled and used
    mmm... sure it's a lot of work porting some code from c/c++, but in that source code you can found the basic to play xm files. a better solution can be found? yes, use the lib by BeRo. I only suggest another one. it didn't like you, sorry, I try my best to help with solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    mmm... sure it's a lot of work porting some code from c/c++, but in that source code you can found the basic to play xm files. a better solution can be found? yes, use the lib by BeRo. I only suggest another one. it didn't like you, sorry, I try my best to help with solutions.
    well I suppose if you ported for us, that would be easy. and while your at it would mind porting this as well
    http://mary.dfki.de/
    I would really like to have this for my rpg engine if I ever get it done.

I only suggest another one.
    And I only wrote my opinion about that source code. But your "Man, it's source code" made me to expand my answer, because I thought you don't understand how bad is situation with that source code for porting... Sorry if it was a bit harsh

to play xm files
    And the topic is "S3M or MOD"...
    Last edited by Andru; 02-03-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast