Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Commando xenidis

Commando xenidis

Hi,

we are currently working on our new project 'Commando Xenidis' which is a space shooter, but you also have to do missions down on the surface of planets running around. Here are some space screens:

And here is the model of the players ship:

The game is created using Delphi5 Standard with the Omega Headers.
    More info on my homepage in the forum.

See ya!
    Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Wow, looks great! I hope to see more as it develops. Please keep us posted.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Commando xenidis

Indeed it does look pretty good already!

If I may be so bold: your previous project tombclimber. I understand you are selling it. What are your impressions about this. Have you sold many copies yet? And did you recieve any customer feedback?

Also, I read on a different forum that tombclimber was cracked early in the release. How did you respond to that and do you have any plans for future games to prevent this from happening (if possible)?

Thanks

Commando xenidis

Hi!

@Will: Thanks, of course I keep you informed, I hope to have some nice screens running on the planet surface soon

@Traveler: I sold 14 copies until now I think. So there is no big money to make, it is just a hobby, and we are a 2 person team and meet once a week and spend the few money we got
    Yes, TombClimber was cracked (every new version) and I am absolutely not happy about it. But I now know what I did wrong and next game it will be harder, I promise :twisted:
    I plan to ask some developers here or in the Omega forum to try to hack and cheat it before it is out, so maybe I find some problems before publishing.

Thanks!
    Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

14 copies huh? Not bad for a first go I'd say. Especially considering you had minimal marketing scheme for the game. Perhaps some of your experiences from this could be shared to help others in their own commercial endevours.

Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
    I plan to ask some developers here or in the Omega forum to try to hack and cheat it before it is out, so maybe I find some problems before publishing.
    Thats a really cool idea. A good way to make it more rock solid.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Commando xenidis

Hi Will,

TombClimber was the 2nd one, the first one was Xenidis, a 2D space shooter made with DelphiX & Powerdraw. Commando Xenidis will be a sequel to this one, only much better and more features.

We have a professional partner for selling the games called 'ShareIT', wo gets 15-20% and sells international the game via download-link, and we try to get it on many shareware-sites and in magazines, that's how we do it

We thought we'd sell more, but huh it's a hobby. maybe next time.

Firle

Commando xenidis

15-20 percent!?! I don't know whats normal in situations like these but that does sound like a lot to me.

Are there any productions costs involved (like burning cds, including a cdbox and shipping it) or is it a simple case of downloading the game and you get a serial upon payment?

I did btw checked ShareIT.com for the game but there was no mentioning of tombclimber

Commando xenidis

better choice is PayPal if Your country isn't in black list(germany isn't in black list), then You could have account and sell it there. Why it is Better?
    1. they take only 2,5% (Max, it could be wrong becouse this isn't my range) and 0.3 ct.
    2. Your game could be found in eBay

And other thing, no offence but Your web page is not like Proffesional's Game developer's. If you change the design, and default Language make English Your games could be sold better. Take Out all Your family photos (create another webpage for exaple www.your_site.com/family or sth.

Good luck,
    Bogdan Kustan aka WiZz
    http://www.programuotojas.com

Commando xenidis

The fact that you feel their web page isn;t professional goes to show how good it is for them to have a partner that sells their games. Making a game is probably about 30% of the effort required to sell a game. Advertising, presence and availablity are the other 70% and if you can find a good partner to do it for you its probably worth a lot more than 15-20% of the price of the game.

I'm trying to sell some games now and am letting 60% of the income go to the marketing team.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

[size=9px]Hey guys, we are kind of starting a new topic here so I have made a new topic here for us to continue it in.[/size]

So what kind of gameplay features can we expect when it's completed?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast