Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Commando xenidis

Commando xenidis

Thank you all for the interest:

@Dirk:
    I didn't understand why some of the "normal" enemys in flying mission are sometimes transparent and sometimes not.
    It is a cloak mechanism some space enemies have, when they are transparent they are cloaked, they won't shoot at you and cannot be shot.

The collsion will be improved on the surface, I'll also look at the spikedog problem.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Firle

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Hi Firlefanz,

I've been waiting all day to try your game, but its not playing :-(

Downloaded and installed ok, and the configuration dialog worked as well, but when I click 'Start Game', I get an error.

Commando.exe - Unable to locate DLL. d3dx9_28.dll could not be found in the specified path.

I've scanned my main system partition and its nowhere to be found.

If its any use, my machine is an Athlon 800, 1GB RAM, 32MB GeForce 2 GTS. OS is Windows 2000 Server, DirectX is Ver. 9.0c (IIRC).

If you need any more information, PM me.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Commando xenidis

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Commando.exe - Unable to locate DLL. d3dx9_28.dll could not be found in the specified path.
    If I am not mistaken this is one of Clootie's dlls and will need to be added to the game's installation to ensure that the game runs correctly on everyone's machine.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Commando xenidis

Hi Athena,

Microsoft does not allow to deliver single DLLs.
    If they would, I would havbe included it.

Please download the latest DX9, it must be newer then Dezember 2005.

I must say I think your PC maybe too slow, but it would be interesting if you set lowest detail to know if it works.

Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Thanks for the link jdarling.

I downloaded a full install the the latest version... as an aside, has anyone else tried to run the setup exe and have it unpack to a Samba share? I got an 'Unsupported cluster size' error and it refused to unzip.

Firlefanz... it fixed it, I should have read the manual I guess :-)

Overall, I think you guys have done an excellent job. It looks neat and seems to play nice.

I had it running on Medium detail and it was very playable and I have just tried it on Ultra.. only the first level, but it seems to be ok, maybe one or two minor jumps, but still very playable.

The cutscenes suffered the most jumps, but they were still pretty smooth once they got going. If anything, I thought the sound was jumping considerably more than the graphics, but that be my soundcard.

I have a feature request :-) Is there any chance you can add joystick control options? I find it really difficult to play scrollers with anything else, other than that, great game.

Commando xenidis

Hi AthenaOD,

thanks a lot! Did you have cloud and nebulae in Space Missions?
    They are only drawn in FPS is over 50. There is also a FPS Switch in the Commando.Ini.

If you are in the Start Menu there is a button 'Player setup' and in that screen on the top you can choose the control, 1-4 joysticks are supported.

Please tell me if it works out, thanks

Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Hi Firlefanz,

Wooot... joystick worked. But, I couldn't seem to fire any weapon other than the plasma gun. I have a PS2 Dualshock running through a PSJoy USB I/F. First time around, it worked sweet... second game it didn't work, so I'm guessing it didn't retain that setting. Regarding the joystick, I assumed it didn't have that option because there was no mention of it on the control config page of the startup dialogue, so in-game I didn't even look for it, even though it turned out to be right in front of me.

Could you make it so that the player settings are retained? I have to admit, putting my name and selecting joystick everytime would drive me nuts to the point where I'd stop playing.

I set FPS=1 in the INI file, but couldn't see any mention of my framerate anywhere, so I can't give you any idea of how fast it was running. I don't think I had cloud and nebulae, so I'm guessing its below 50. I like the idea though... automagically drop the bits that slow it down. I wish more commercial games would do things like that.

In terms of the game play, I had it on medium difficulty, but some of the enemies are practically impossible to kill because they fire too many shots. So far I haven't managed to get past the end of the first space mission.

Commando xenidis

Hello,

http://www.ericbehme.de/download/cxupdate0995.zip

Collision better and spikedogs are not 'on the player' anymore.

Just copy into the CX folder and overwrite the old.

Firle

@Athena: I'll answer soon, urgent-must-leave-now

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast