Thread: Machina Engine DevPascal - IDE for Free Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As I see it, it's a two step process. First, the bigger, you have a database for the standar functions, procedures and classes. Second, you parse the user sources to add her new classes, functions and procedures. The second step can be done when you parse the code for highlights for example.

I'm solving some memory leaks, and I have made some improvements in the user interface inspired by the new VS 2011 interface - and thinking about change the icon colors to grayscale like in VS 2011, because, let's admit, that gray interface is good because don't do a visual mess:

MEDevPascalUI1.jpg

New tabs styles:

Last edited by FelipeFS; 28-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Looks nice. Hope to see this around soon.

Looks great. Always nice to fix memory leaks.
    Existence is pain

can you tell us when this IDE will be ready to use ?
    i know its not easy , but i think this will be the only alternative to lazarus

good luck

It's hard to tell, but I hope to release a usable(not stable) version until the end of July. =)

Hello guys, I'm releasing a beta for Win32. I ask your for ideas, for example I have two ideas now:

• Create a design-mode, which will allows create code in real-time using diagrams;
    • Create the historic, which will list the backups;
    • For a distant future, make possible the creation of plugins(I have an idea on how to accomplish that);

The ideas can be about anything to make the coding easier and faster.
    Also, check for bugs, particulary bugs related to text-format(Unicode, UTF-8, ANSI/ASCII). And, since it's a beta, create a backup of the files that you will open with the IDE.

Source-Code:
    The source-code is included. You need to install the package ProPackIDE, which contains some custom components.

Known bug:
    • The option to toggle between the prototype and implementation of a method - sometimes it doesn't work;

Help:
    If you are good with conversion, I would appreciate the converson of the package ProPackIDE to Lazarus code, this would accelerate the release of the Linux and MacOS versions. Also, I will put a list of contributors for the project.

[DOWNLOAD LINK - SOURCEFORGE]