Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Machina Engine DevPascal - IDE for Free Pascal

Blog Entries
    Any download links, or SVN repositories we should be looking at for the code under development?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

code_glitch: For now, the project is still closed-source. Because the parser I'm using is inside the unit of my Game Engine. I will make a new unit, just with the parser. Then I'll make it open-source.

I have posted the link for download before: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=bbf7f...CD6062D52E!178

UPDATE: The browser is working! See the screenshot: [Link]
    Last edited by FelipeFS; 25-03-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeFS
    I just asked in the facebook where should I put this browser(together with the "manager frame", or in a new frame on right side of the screen?).
    I like to see nothing on left side, only line numbers and code But many others put something there. So, provide possibility to configure environment, and everybody will be hapy

Your project works on my computer at work with Windows 7. But there are some bugs/etc.:
    - custom caption not a good idea, because people expect maximizing of window when they double click on it, and custom theme looks not good, I prefer to see what I configured in system
    - window doesn't minimize after clicking on icon in taskbar
    - as I understand editor support UTF-8, but only if there is a BOM code at start of file, it will be a good idea to have option for default encoding somewhere in preferences

About the compiler preferences - take them from Lazarus, because there they placed good

Andru: Thank you for your answer! The custom caption will be optional. So, the user will be able to change between the custom and the standard caption style.
    I will take a look to the design of "Lazarus Preferences" window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    as I understand editor support UTF-8, but only if there is a BOM code at start of file, it will be a good idea to have option for default encoding somewhere in preferences
    It is the first time I'm dealing with this issue. I wasn't even thinking about this issue.
    Do you think this will solve:
    Instead of use the component SaveDialog, I will put SaveTextFileDialog, which allows to choice between the formats. And, according to the selected format, I will use the function
    Code:
    TStrings.SaveToFile(Name : String; Encoding : TEncoding);
    ?

Do you think this will solve:
    Instead of use the component SaveDialog, I will put SaveTextFileDialog, which allows to choice between the formats. And, according to the selected format, I will use the function
    It was not about saving the file, it was about opening and editing Here is an example of file which is encoded as UTF-8, but without a BOM bytes at start. Correct version of it should looks like:
    Code:
    program demo;

begin
      // Here should be a Russin text
      writeln( 'Вот тут вот русский текст :)' );
    end.

Thanks Andru for your help! I think the problem was finally solved!
    I was loading the file directly using the function TWideStrings.LoadFromFile(String);

Instead of that, I'm using now the class TStreamReader:
    - First I load the file using TStreamReader.Create(FileName, TEncoding.UTF;
    - This way, the IDE will always assume that the file is a UTF8.
    - As far I tested, even if the file is not UTF8, the file is loaded correctly;
    - After load in the TStreamReader, I call the function TWideString.Text := TStreamReader.ReadToEnd;

I have a new idea for Layout managment. Since I'm not working with the docking system provided by Delphi, I will create a new form(borderless) which will show the possible layouts combination:
    Layout.jpg
    Then, you will just select the layout, or make any of the frames visible/invisible.

Blog Entries
    Woah, this is indeed looking good Looking forward to future releases with great anticipation now. Can't wait for the source to be able to compile it for linux (if at all possible due to delphi roots), although wine does a very good job making the exe run.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Some changes - Instead of use a lot of components to make the options, the options will be put inside a table(TValueListEditor - with some custom events):
    DevPascal002.PNGPref002.PNG
    Inside of that yellow box, there will be tips for each selected option.

i am sure there will be a alot of people loving this IDE

"Good News Everyone! I have just invented a way that allows the user toggle between the prototype methods and its implementation automatically" -Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

- This feature is not fully implemented. There are still some bugs(actually, exceptions to be made), because of that, the program may crash if the method does not have a pair. What you can do is toggle between the methods that have a owner class.
    In Delphi, you can use this feature holding CTRL+Mouse Left Button, on my IDE, you right click in the word, and choice the menu option "Find complementation".
    I'm trying to make a shortcut like in Delphi.

-Another feature I will make is a toolbar to help to format the code(This toolbar is above the text editor, and it will be possible to make it invisible).

[Download Link]
    Last edited by FelipeFS; 31-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast