Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Machina Engine DevPascal - IDE for Free Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's really something like that I have in mind. But, when the user add another source-code, the program will need to parser and add the new stuff in the data-base(which will be a XML tree).

As I see it, it's a two step process. First, the bigger, you have a database for the standar functions, procedures and classes. Second, you parse the user sources to add her new classes, functions and procedures. The second step can be done when you parse the code for highlights for example.

I'm solving some memory leaks, and I have made some improvements in the user interface inspired by the new VS 2011 interface - and thinking about change the icon colors to grayscale like in VS 2011, because, let's admit, that gray interface is good because don't do a visual mess:

MEDevPascalUI1.jpg

New tabs styles:

Last edited by FelipeFS; 28-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.

WILL: I am still thinking about which debugger to use. For now, I'm thinking about GNU Debugger. But, I will leave the debugger tool for the last, since it is the hardest thing to implement. I suppose that I can use the GND externally, like I'm using Free Pascal. What I'm doing is executing the program by command line from my IDE, and redirecting the output messages to my IDE.

code_glitch: Yes, it will have a Object Hierarchy(or Browser). I just asked in the facebook where should I put this browser(together with the "manager frame", or in a new frame on right side of the screen?).

AirPas: Thank you.

News/Information:
    Done - The automatic inclusion of the keyword "end" when click [Enter] was implemented. This is the smart auto-indentation.
    Done - For syntax highligh, I'm using Synedit.
    Doing - I'm working on the auto-complementation tool.
    Doing - Browser for classes/variables, procedures/functions.
    Not Done - The program does't have already a Syntax analysis(or parser), but will have. I have created a parser months ago for my Game Engine, and it is working perfectly. I will just include the parser on this project.
    Last edited by FelipeFS; 25-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Any download links, or SVN repositories we should be looking at for the code under development?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

"Good News Everyone! I have just invented a way that allows the user toggle between the prototype methods and its implementation automatically" -Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

- This feature is not fully implemented. There are still some bugs(actually, exceptions to be made), because of that, the program may crash if the method does not have a pair. What you can do is toggle between the methods that have a owner class.
    In Delphi, you can use this feature holding CTRL+Mouse Left Button, on my IDE, you right click in the word, and choice the menu option "Find complementation".
    I'm trying to make a shortcut like in Delphi.

-Another feature I will make is a toolbar to help to format the code(This toolbar is above the text editor, and it will be possible to make it invisible).

[Download Link]
    Last edited by FelipeFS; 31-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I think that typically most IDE have save problems. First of all - design. I mean lack of design. Both visual and usability.
    At this point I try to develop IDE for HLSL shaders. And it's quite difficult I say.
    Some time ago I use my own component for code edit and in the end it was terrible in usability (however it looks very nice).
    Then I changed it with SynEdit and it was disaster in both visual and usability.
    Now I write my new component for it. It's not completed yet and not all features works properly (Actually I working on that), but looks perfect.

What I want to say? You must create really comfortable editor. More to say it must be not just clone of the existing ones. Try not to copy it, old IDEs have a lot of senseless solutions.

And by the way - you doing a great job man. Keep going!
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123