Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daz3D free tools, grab while you can!

Lightbulb Daz3D free tools, grab while you can!

http://www.daz3d.com/i/0/0

Offer includes Daz3D (aka Poser), Bryce & Hexagon, probably expires soon.

Haven't used them in years, but Poser & Bryce used to be quite decent, don't know about Hexagon, must be new or a renamed old product.

its been a while since its free
    saw offer last year so it must be 5-7month now dont remember well

Darn! anyway, that could be useful for PGD Challenge

Btw, could there be a post/topic to reference and keep track of all similar free deals?
    I'm sure there are others free 3D or game content editors out there.

Can't say that i was very pleased with Daz. Models cost money and that's the main idea behind the software. You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it, it doesn't have that capability. What you can do is only limited by what you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it
    Hexagon is the modeler, looks capable enough.

Poser had a quite extensive bending model (combining skeletal animation with morphs), which you could use on existing shells. I don't know how much of that carried over to Daz.

Downloaded - really excited

nek minit

The software is very unstable.

Hexagon, moment I try to create a primitive it crashes.
    Bryce won't even start, something about side-by-side configuration.

No wonder it is free. Not really a good introduction to their product range.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

I've only installed Hexagon - tried it a tiny bit and didn't crash (loaded models, and created an Icosahedron)

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Can't say that i was very pleased with Daz. Models cost money and that's the main idea behind the software. You can't actually do any 3D-modelling with it, it doesn't have that capability. What you can do is only limited by what you buy.
    You can get some free models on their site...I had downloaded a whole bunch of different free stuff (models, bundles, etc.) in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I've only installed Hexagon - tried it a tiny bit and didn't crash (loaded models, and created an Icosahedron)
    Yep, didn't crash here either, started from sphere, extruded a bunch of things from it, painted on the 3D model, got something ugly ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast