Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd PGD Challenge Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I just got home very late last night from my holiday, and had to unpack and clean up today so I have had little time to think about my entry

I am thinking of using Oxygene for Java for my entry...is anyone else using Oxygene in this competition yet?
    Well, I'm fiddling around with Oxygene for Java. We'll see if it will result in an entry.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    Well, I'm fiddling around with Oxygene for Java. We'll see if it will result in an entry.
    Neat I did try using some JMonkey with my Beta version of Oxygene a few weeks back, but I wasn't sure what packages to include, and when I finally got it to compile, it crashed when run (couldn't find some java class...). Now my Beta version has expired and I have had to uninstall Oxygene + VS 2010 since the trial license clashed with my expired Beta license (grrr). Hopefully I can reinstall it tonight.

I might try seeing if I can get LWJGL working with it...might be a bit easier and quicker for the competition LOL

I still have no idea what I am going to do yet though...

Well, I got JMonkey running. Unfortunately VS crashes if I try to debug a JMonkey application but outside VS the application works fine.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Dang and blast! I uninstalled my Oxygene for Java beta + Visual Studio 2010 stuff, but I can't install the Oxygene for Java trial (from Visual Studio 2010 install ISO)...
    I keep getting a very unhelpful error when trying to install!!

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!! Looks like I can't use Oxygene for Java in this competition now!!

EDIT: I am re-downloading the ISO file to see if there might have been an error when downloading it last time (there was a big pause during the download previously...)...I will let you know how I get on...
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 11-04-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Updated post

Blog Entries
    Well, back from germany in front of my usual rig and I've some up with an idea - but its ambitious... Lets see if I can get a concept by the end of the day
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Dang and blast! I uninstalled my Oxygene for Java beta + Visual Studio 2010 stuff, but I can't install the Oxygene for Java trial (from Visual Studio 2010 install ISO)...
    I keep getting a very unhelpful error when trying to install!!
    Paul I suggest that you go and try find any files left from theese programs even after uninstalation. Sometimes there are some files left from previous versions of programs wich might interfere with newer versions. When something similar happens to me I go and search AppData folders for every user and remove any files that might belong to troubeling application and after that I try reinstaling. Do note that this might cuse some unexpected problems especialy if some of theese files is being used by some other applications, it shouldn't but sometimes it is becouse some programers are taking shourtcuts where they shouldn't. AppData is intended so that every application could make its own subfolder containg data related to itselfs. Each application should only use its own folder and not share the same folder with some other application. Components wich are intended to be shared between aplication should go to ComonData folder instead.
    Also it might be good to update java to newest version.

I can't install the Oxygene for Java trial (from Visual Studio 2010 install ISO)... I keep getting a very unhelpful error when trying to install!!
    What is the error? You can contact support@ or connect.remobjects.com for more help too.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Paul I suggest that you go and try find any files left from theese programs even after uninstalation. Sometimes there are some files left from previous versions of programs wich might interfere with newer versions. When something similar happens to me I go and search AppData folders for every user and remove any files that might belong to troubeling application and after that I try reinstaling. Do note that this might cuse some unexpected problems especialy if some of theese files is being used by some other applications, it shouldn't but sometimes it is becouse some programers are taking shourtcuts where they shouldn't. AppData is intended so that every application could make its own subfolder containg data related to itselfs. Each application should only use its own folder and not share the same folder with some other application. Components wich are intended to be shared between aplication should go to ComonData folder instead.
    Also it might be good to update java to newest version.
    Thanks for the tips
    Ok, I can't find any remobjects or oxygene appdata folders, so I will now go and delete the older folders containing projects and similar just in case too...

so I will now go and delete the older folders containing projects and similar just in case too...
    Those shouldn't be causing any trouble. What is the error you are getting?
    Jim McKeeth
    @JimMcKeeth
    Host of the Podcast at Delphi.org
    Developer Evangelist with Embarcadero Technologies
    My email: Is jim@ at my last name .org
    Delphi.org - McKeeth.org - Embarcadero.com

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcKeeth View Post
    What is the error? You can contact support@ or connect.remobjects.com for more help too.
    Hi Jim, I can't recall the error now, and actually, the install may have just gotten further now than when it did the error before!
    Hopefully it is working now...(touch wood).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast