Thread: Stars reach

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another screenshot added. Solar system is generated for 10000 sectors, although not all of them are guaranteed to have a sun or planets. This is last screeny i can give out before starting adding UI elements, which will be nearing the final product... There are also 10 different planet textures in use, although the texture mapping is wobbly on the sphere for now. Maybe i could generate the sphere myself, instead of relying on model file. Would at least get the coords right.

I had a setback with fonts. Installed some free scifi front from Internet but only Gimp can use it TCanvas and MsPaint can't use. I could create buttons with Gimp but i can't make the font map for all texts.

edit: Added another picture from UI work in progress.

Hoping to add warp drive soon. Starmap is working, and i will use it to open sector view. From there player can open warp rift and send selected ships there. This is done by clicking any point in the sector, meaning that he can precisely decide how far or which side of the planet you want to come out from. Textures for all warp related are already done.

Still, there are a few unsolved issues in the design of this game that i hope can come to conclusion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by User137; 13-04-2012 at 01:18 AM.