Thread: Momen 3d

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was busy implementing model loaders and doing testing and so. Also I was thinking about how the game will be and it will be a bit different than I initially imagined. It will be similar to the "Roge Squadron" and "Wing Commander" series but with some bits of Gladius/Nemesis and/or Xenon. I mean I'll try to do it more arcade and less simulation, including those "pills" or "expansions" that appears after destroying an enemy... And may be final bosses too.

The background of the above screen-shots is a skybox I found at Open Game Art. Also the scene has a nice green fog that integrates the objects with the background despite they're pure red cubes.

Today I've recruited a graphic designer (not professional), so I will have more time to code.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    So the idea is that you will warp to other locations? Will the game be open sandbox or scripted missions?
    The game will have scripted missions.

Initially it will be two missions: the training and the first mission. As the player complete missions more one will appear "connected". Some times the player will be forced to an specific mission or may be he/she will be able to decide, and may be the decision will affect which missions will be unlocked. May be if the player doesn't succeed new missions would appear (and those missions will disappear if he/she repeat and succeed).

As I've said, similar than "Roge Squadron" and "Wing Commander".

At the moment I'm coding it as a "concept-test". The engine is very simple and I'm sure I can improve it a lot, but not now. Now I want to focus in the game. Actually the game engine was "finished" yesterday but it hasn't a model loader. Tomorrow I can start coding the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    BTW, why not tweet in both English and Spanish? It'd double your interest from English readers.
    I don't tweet a lot, so I'll try to do it.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 02-04-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    No signature provided yet.