Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Momen 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Thanks Paul.

But I have a problem. I've updated my Xubuntu to 12.04 and everything stops working correctly. So I can't do anything until I find what's wrong.
    major bummer dude!

Thanks Paul.

But I have a problem. I've updated my Xubuntu to 12.04 and everything stops working correctly. So I can't do anything until I find what's wrong.
    Sorry to hear that. I usually end up with problems when I upgrade my Fedora too. Hopefully you'll fix this soon.

Tried your game, and it's awesome. Except the part I can't shoot anything, either because it's hard to target, or actually see a dark enemy on the dark background The game is impossible to play without cheats, which I had to dig up from the source code. Other than that, this is very impressive.

Everything means everything? Or just the Allegro/FPC part? I usually don't use the update but do a new install. So I've installed Xubuntu 12.04 a few days ago and everything works perfectly.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    major bummer dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Everything means everything? Or just the Allegro/FPC part? I usually don't use the update but do a new install. So I've installed Xubuntu 12.04 a few days ago and everything works perfectly.
    Initially it was "almost everything" because graphics drivers weren't installed correctly. When I fix that it worked, except most of the Allegro.pas Version 5 stuff (version 4 works perfectly though). There are some glitches with Allegro.pas 5 that I can't see and I must fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Tried your game, and it's awesome. Except the part I can't shoot anything, either because it's hard to target, or actually see a dark enemy on the dark background The game is impossible to play without cheats, which I had to dig up from the source code. Other than that, this is very impressive.
    Glad to know it works in other computers.

I know, dark enemy on dark bacground is evil, but I have the same problem with Roge Squadron , Wing Commander and Vega Strike. But painting starships in wright-green or electric-blue...

I know also that AI is bad, but it isn't unbeatable. You need a lot of practise, of course, but it's possible. I hope it will be better when I finish it.
    No signature provided yet.

Glad to know it works in other computers.
    If you're interested, it's an i3 540, 4 GB DDR3, a Fedora 16 with open source nouveau drivers ona GF210 graphics card. It's a fresh install. I'll try the game home too, I wanted to play it for a bit and see if I can pass at least one or two levels without cheating .

I know, dark enemy on dark bacground is evil, but I have the same problem with Roge Squadron , Wing Commander and Vega Strike. But painting starships in wright-green or electric-blue...
    No need to paint them, but some indicators would be nice. Like in freelancer for example, there were these red indicators for the targeted enemy (a square of sorts on the HUD), and a motion adjusted indicator where you should shoot to hit that enemy, which made things a lot easier. A lot of the games of similar type I played used the same indicator mechanism.

I know also that AI is bad, but it isn't unbeatable. You need a lot of practise, of course, but it's possible. I hope it will be better when I finish it.
    I'm quite sure it will be better. A good AI is not easy.

Blog Entries
    Hey whatever happened to Video "[3]"?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    No need to paint them, but some indicators would be nice. Like in freelancer for example, there were these red indicators for the targeted enemy (a square of sorts on the HUD), and a motion adjusted indicator where you should shoot to hit that enemy, which made things a lot easier. A lot of the games of similar type I played used the same indicator mechanism.
    That's not a bad idea. Actually I play a lot with old Microprose's F-19 that has that HUD indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Hey whatever happened to Video "[3]"?
    Er... I don't know what are you talking about...

[edit] I've found it!

And here you have one with Ruben's 3D models: video [5]

[/edit]

BTW, if judges can't run my entry (SIGSEGV or that), I've found that it only hapens with the "release" version of Allegro, but using the "debugging" version of Allegro it is more stable. Unfortunately it's necessary to make a modification in one file of Allegro.pas (or use the latest SVN), and recompile with "-g -dDEBUGMODE".
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 06-05-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345