Marketing is not in my range, but I know something about this. Firstly I think the most important thing is rAcclame. Secondly is game design. Your game could be very cool, but if all graphics is made with MS Pain then it sucks (or You have profesional pixel artist). Burning CD's is too expensive for not profesional team, or You could try to find publisher, but if even they take Your game then they take the bigest part of profit (in Lithuania You got 15-20%), so the best chice is to sell through internet. The page where game is published MUST be nice designed and easy to browse. if You are not the professional web designer then better buy the template, or just buy whole site. The rAcclame could be banner exchange system, Demo version in Different companies (magazines) CD's, Forums and news groups. And the last and very important thig is price, I think better to sell 100 copies with price 5$ then 10 copies with price 20$. if Your game havn't greate name and You are just a begginer then price must be low, like 5-8$.
an example:
if Your page have 500 visitors a day and 1% is potencial customers (5 copies in day), Your games price is 5$ so Your dayly payment is:
5x5=25$
monthly:
25x30=750$
Not bad i said