Hi!

When we created Xendis over 2 years ago, we first tried to sell it on CD ourselves and we sold I don't know exatly but over a dozen copies for 10 Euro, because it was including all costs we only sold in Germany and the neighbour countries.

So we decided to sell our next game international. I found ShareIT and I still think this is a good partner, we sell Xenidis there with a download link for 6 Euro and TombClimber for 10 Euro. We sold 4 Xenidis and 14 Tombclimbers til then.

We make all reclame, advertising etc ourselves, we are on a lot of shareware-sites, and this could be better, but I don't know how to do it and I am willing to hear some ideas, but only if it does not cost anything. We earned let's say 200 Euro in 2,5 years with 2 games (we are mainly two people til now) and they only get us back the costs for buying some software we use.

And what I read here about selling CDs where the publisher gets 8 Euro or $ does make no sense because it is much to expensive then. I think for a shareware author like we are, selling CDs does not make much sense, it is too expensive to let somebody do it, and too much work (and expensive) to do it yourself.

Next game will be much better I promise and I hope to sell much more copies then and I hope some coders I know will help me making it harder to crack.

We will continue making games because we love it and have much fun doing it, but we will make no freeware because then I am sure we would start all few month a new project and won't finish anything or finish it too fast, now we ARE to make it better each time because we still dream about selling some more. I am still looking for better ideas how to do it but did not find any til now so please let me know.

We also tried to find a publisher to sell our games in a store, but did not find any. Too bad.

Firle