Thread: As Yet Unnamed Entry - RTS against 'the empire'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice! Any chance of a larger screenshot? The attached one is rather small to see all the details...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Nice! Any chance of a larger screenshot? The attached one is rather small to see all the details...
    I agree, and I've had the same outcome for my attached screen-shots too (they got downsized and blurred).

@WILL: any chance of loosening up the restrictions for attached screen-shots?
    Hosting the image elsewhere is possible but will have other issues (dead links, no thumbnails...)

Blog Entries
    Well another screenshot with some fixed bugs, a more appropriate interface and the working dialog system for making stuff... In HD since I linked to my public file on dropbox

Last edited by code_glitch; 13-04-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Well, after a saturday off, and taking a break from some holiday homework, I got the ball rolling for an hour and got the script execution system for the window dialogs to do stuff with the game data... Its all in the console for now, but at least its all hooked up and working from a simple right click action anywhere on the map. Enjoy

Its kind of hard to believe I'm now going to spend most of my time making content and scripts for this to run... Oh how I hate the annoying 'language' i developed for this -_-
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Nice GUI. Don't forget to draw yourself some simple units and building art.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Edit: Just a thought, but whats the view on recycling code from your own codebase for use in the PGD entry?
    Go for it. Just don't take from others without permission and you're golden.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Most of the work on the actual mechanics is done now, so its as you say, mainly art and scripting up some events etc... There are a few more choices to make, but overall I can say its progressing nicely. The UI, is... Well, its a bit of a botch job if I'm honest - I'm extremely surprised its as stable as it is and it only has one or two glitches at the moment. For instance, it sometimes hands over the wrong co-ordinates to build things, when moving a window, the map disappears etc...

Though the recycle rule is a saviour Most of the code is pulled from other experiments, its a case of having a ~500 line program, ~900 lines in the backend and the rest is prometheus. Around 6,500 all in if I recall...

Blog Entries
    Well, it would look I have to say two things -
    1. This wont be entered into PGD challenge number 2.
    2. This will continue to be developed as an open source project... Things are working nicely and its giving some interesting results on how different approaches to code are working together...

The simple fact is that I'm now around 2 weeks and a little bit of my final exams, and that consequently my time for code has decreased exponentially :/

Blog Entries
    That's unfortunate Ben. Does the existing game meet the requirements for the challenge though? Even incomplete it does give one more game to the challenge showcase. You know how important that is for the PGD community, right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder