Thread: FPC & Directx11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FPC & Directx11

I have tried googling for directx11 headers for free pascal , seems not found .

there is JSB headers for delphi but not working with FPC

Blog Entries
    New translation project? Or fix...?

Is DirectX 11 still an actively supported API from Microsoft? Forgive my lack on knowledge in this area as I thought it had been pushed aside by MS in an effort to start a new set of API for Windows.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    New translation project? Or fix...?

Is DirectX 11 still an actively supported API from Microsoft? Forgive my lack on knowledge in this area as I thought it had been pushed aside by MS in an effort to start a new set of API for Windows.
    Actually, MS app concept is heavily directx based. But first wait if it catches on. The current numbers don't discriminate terribly between free and paid for apps (and more importantly, MS own paid for apps).

Most win8 users might only install apps like I did, to restore Windows functionality that moved to "apps" in windows 8, like Skype, and the various card games.

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    I have tried googling for directx11 headers for free pascal , seems not found .

there is JSB headers for delphi but not working with FPC
    In Asphyre Sphinx, we're using JSB headers for DirectX 11 with FreePascal/Lazarus without any problems. Why do you think they are not working for FPC?

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I don't think so regarding DirectX 11, though XNA does seem to be pushed away. However, I see your point considering that DirectX is now part of Windows SDK, so it won't be updated so often.

Blog Entries
    It seems like Windows 8 has put new Windows development up in the air recently. It would be crazy if this pushes too many of their users to other platforms.

I'd suggest that perhaps like those older Windows users like me, they might never upgrade and stick with the older platform, but this is not realistic as MS would eventually force all computer manufacturers to only install Win8 and you are back to the problem again. Since moving to the Mac I've sort of lost track a little with Windows and I only deal with WinXP at work.

Well you didn't expect things to stay the way there were forever though huh?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder