Thread: So who would make a game for the OUYA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Not really. Not compared to Delphi.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I personally know that I won't be developing any games for OUYA for some time.
    The main reasons for this are:
    1. I still haven finished any of my games. So switching to another platform might require me to do lots of changes due the way that platform works. This would only prolong the time that I need to actually finish any of my games (currently only one in development but I have lots of ideas).
    2. You need to know how certain platform works to be able to make most use out of it. So far I only have verry good knowledge of Windows platform (new versions of Windows are making my life a bit more dificult due to some changes made in them).
    3. I personally don't have excess monex to go and buy new platform like Mac based computer (could probabbly aford to buy OUYA).
    I don't own a SMARTPHONE since I have no need for it. I use my mobile (Nokia 5320) mostly for making calls to someone or recieve calls from others. And sometime I use integrated browser to check some web pages.
    4. I'm also not prepared to go and buy a new development software as I invested quite some money in buying Delphi XE2 which I recently upgraded to XE3 for free (two year service support).
    The other reason why I'm not changing Development IDE is the fact that I got used to Delphi and all its features. Tried some programing in Lazarus before upgrading and have been missing some of the features which are present in Delphi quite quickly. Also I got anoyed with one thing in lazarus. And that is that you can't use same name for imput variable of a Class Constructor and same Classes properyt. This can be easily used in Delphi without any problems but in Lazarus it is marked as doublenaming. So for me to port aproy 10k lines of code into lazarus required a few hours of figuring out what is the problem and then fixing it (I use lots of classes in that project).

Blog Entries
    Subject 33 Alpha 9 now runs in Java RTE!

Screen Shot 2013-02-11 at 8.28.31 PM.jpg

...and the library that we are using (libGDX) has just added OUYA Controls functionality not too long ago. We are getting closer to getting a game ready to deploy to the OUYA. My own OUYA console (which we'll be using to develop games for) and 2 controllers will arrive withing a month or two. Very excited!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder