Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who would make a game for the OUYA?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ...no major studio will be investing on it...
    Actually I find most "AAA" games boring and I dislike them, so, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Daikrys View Post
    that would be great if the market isnt flooted with AAA style titels and normal devs could continue to make games games without having to hit a standart
    this already happen in the other appstores and is quite disappointing

i also read about people crying that OUYA dont had good copy protection, well bad news for this guys, smartphones and consoles are not save either
    I've read about people crying that some copy protection are so hard that sometimes they can't play their legal games while pirates can play with minor problems. *cof*steam*cof*

Minecraft copy "protection" is great. Actually it has not. I think I'll use the same if someday I sell any of my games.
    No signature provided yet.

I've read about people crying that some copy protection are so hard that sometimes they can't play their legal games while pirates can play with minor problems. *cof*steam*cof*
    thats the reason i personally dislike copy protections, it only harm people who pay for the game and leave the warez scenes with a often better version of the game
    as Will already said, if someone dont want to pay for a game he still wouldnt do if there would be no warez version, guys who like the game will still buy it

i personally own some games that only work under 98/ME or xp due to copy protections ._.
    the guild 2 addon can only installed when i use a mini image cause the original one will not work, copy protection ftw...

Blog Entries
    lol You don't need to learn Java, just get yourself Oxygene for Java.

Thats what we're using to get Subject 33 on the console and other Android devices. Free Pascal is nice and all, but with Oxygene it'll be more native on the platform. Esp. since it doesn't use your typical x86 processor.

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Yeah, but Oxygene costs some nice moneys.

@down:
    Several hundred dollas is still a lot.
    Last edited by Super Vegeta; 04-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Not really. Not compared to Delphi.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I personally know that I won't be developing any games for OUYA for some time.
    The main reasons for this are:
    1. I still haven finished any of my games. So switching to another platform might require me to do lots of changes due the way that platform works. This would only prolong the time that I need to actually finish any of my games (currently only one in development but I have lots of ideas).
    2. You need to know how certain platform works to be able to make most use out of it. So far I only have verry good knowledge of Windows platform (new versions of Windows are making my life a bit more dificult due to some changes made in them).
    3. I personally don't have excess monex to go and buy new platform like Mac based computer (could probabbly aford to buy OUYA).
    I don't own a SMARTPHONE since I have no need for it. I use my mobile (Nokia 5320) mostly for making calls to someone or recieve calls from others. And sometime I use integrated browser to check some web pages.
    4. I'm also not prepared to go and buy a new development software as I invested quite some money in buying Delphi XE2 which I recently upgraded to XE3 for free (two year service support).
    The other reason why I'm not changing Development IDE is the fact that I got used to Delphi and all its features. Tried some programing in Lazarus before upgrading and have been missing some of the features which are present in Delphi quite quickly. Also I got anoyed with one thing in lazarus. And that is that you can't use same name for imput variable of a Class Constructor and same Classes properyt. This can be easily used in Delphi without any problems but in Lazarus it is marked as doublenaming. So for me to port aproy 10k lines of code into lazarus required a few hours of figuring out what is the problem and then fixing it (I use lots of classes in that project).

Blog Entries
    Subject 33 Alpha 9 now runs in Java RTE!

Screen Shot 2013-02-11 at 8.28.31 PM.jpg

...and the library that we are using (libGDX) has just added OUYA Controls functionality not too long ago. We are getting closer to getting a game ready to deploy to the OUYA. My own OUYA console (which we'll be using to develop games for) and 2 controllers will arrive withing a month or two. Very excited!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12