Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
There are many performance advantages going for 64-bit which are too often overlooked. (...)

In my opinion, as long as your CPU supports it, 64-bit is the way to go. On all my systems including ones in the office we use 64-bit OS exclusively and most applications we use have been ported to 64-bit too. For instance, Asphyre has been ported to 64-bit almost a year ago both for Delphi and FPC. I don't think you'll have much trouble porting Allegro too.
Actually I don't know if problem is Allegro or Allegro.pas. As I've said I didn't look to deep. I don't know why I can't compile Allegro by myself so I haven't a debuggable version to test properly.

Anyway, what are the most common problems related with 32bit->64bit porting? Is there a gide somewhere? I've found some docs at the Free Pascal's wiki but nothing specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
I only use 64 bit Linux systems. I had almost no problems with FPC except with Allegro.pas and SDL. The SDL part (getpixel) was solved of course, which was discussed on Freepascal-meets-SDL: http://332959.forumromanum.com/membe...meets_sdl.html
Had you? So I should work on it.

Anyway I should ask to the Allegro's development team about what does changes between 32bit and 64bit...