Recently I've discovered that my laptop is 64bit so I decided to change the OS (and move from Ubuntu to Fedora) and I having some problems. For example, Allegro.pas 4 have a problem with sound that makes it raises SIGSEGV faults and I can't see how to fix it (actually I didn't look too dept ). A lot of time ago I did read threads in several forums discussing about to install a 64bit OS or keep it in 32bit, and also I've read about some issues of Free Pascal and its 64bit support. I never understood why it should be a problem since moving from 16bit to 32bit wasn't too problematic (moving from 8bit to 16bit was a bit of pain though ).

Now I'm a bit frustrated and I'm tempted to remove it and back to the 32bit which worked almost perfectly. (Actually I do want to back to the good old 8bit systems... ). I still have a 32bit system (an "old" IBM) but lately I use the laptop as my main system.

What do you recommend? Go back to 32bit or strike with 64bit until it works? Do you know about problems with Free Pascal and 64bit systems?