Thread: SMMP2 - a music player

SMMP2 - a music player

Urgh. As time passes, I become more and more confident that ultimately, my sloth will become my demise. But oh well, to the point. I thought that maybe releasing in-development versions of my projects will help me get some motivation, so, for a beginning, I release an in-dev version of my new music player.

Supa Masta Muzik Play 'er 2 (SMMP2 for short) is a successor to SMMP1, which was a music player with a console interface. This time, a GUI is present, but the console is still there, allowing almost the same functionality as the "modern" means.

Developed with Lazarus, using BASS for audio handling.
    Unfortunately I ran into some problems on Windows, so currently only a Linux version is available. Detailed info can be found in the readme.

Screenshot:

Download link: LINUX WIN32

Any comments are welcome!
    Last edited by Super Vegeta; 18-08-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Are you using crossplatform code everywhere? Just curious on what kind of issue you get on windows

Not so much after music player myself, although might have a replacement for Winamp some day. I don't use mp3's almost at all anymore, streaming radios are priceless. But i know BASS should support that, might not be easy though.

Blog Entries
    Weird... I solved up the bass issue and had a go at launching it from a terminal and all I get is a small window which is blank and the following output:

Code:
    /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/menuproxies/libappmenu.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(smmp2:31761): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load type module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/menuproxies/libappmenu.so
    Any specific dependencies I should install by chance?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

So, ho-kay, I released a new build today. Some minor improvements, nothing much, but oh well, at least it has pushed forward a lil' bit. Also, I experimentally tapped F9 under windows and it compiled, so if anyone is curious enough, they can try the Winderps version. Beware that I didn't test it much and it tends to crash a lot (that's why I didn't include a win-build in the previous release). Use the links in the first post.

@code_glitch:
    Judging by the "64" in ELFCLASS64, I'd say the problem is in the fact that I compiled it on a 32-bit CPU, whereas you run a 64-bit. Unfortunately I can't help you with that right now, FPC does not provide seperate 32/64 bit compiling options for Linux as it does for Windows, and I don't own a 64-bit machine.

Blog Entries
    Ah, guess I'll have to look at those ia32-libs I had installed then XD
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.