Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Dead, just resting: What would juice this community?

Blog Entries
    It runs android on ARM... http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android anyone?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    It runs android on ARM... http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android anyone?
    Do these guys get that Android is the software where the hardware is what the individual companies made? How does Android still have a factor if they replace it with Ubuntu Linux? I don't get it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Well, since the android kernel was forked from the main linux kernel way back when it started (although maybe not so long ago) because google wanted better power manangement as well as driver support for devices on the mobile platforms the fact it runs android can mean a few things - for instance it may mean that it uses some hardware that the main linux kernel doesnt support out of the box - for which the ARM/Android ubuntu initiative tries to fix up a little.

Then theres the issue that if you did replace Android with Ubuntu or some other linux distribution and did not make it dual bootable, which even if you did would require a keyboard for GRUB or LILIO, you'd end up with a slightly ugly user interface - similar issue that causes some usability issues on touch screen devices and desktop linux and so on... So in short - unless you want to replace all the goodness of android that may be your best option
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I'm not dead either, just busy with other projects. I just finished a big one (java, not gamedev related) and I'm about to quit my current job, so I can devote all my time to my studies. I might do a game development in my spare time but I'm unsure about the language and tools to use as well as the game concept, the scale of the project and the possibilities for distributing the product and making a bit of money. Pretty much everything.

If I will start a big gamedev project in pascal, it will almost certainly be a remake of Tuberunner. Still playing around with ideas.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, and Im not dead either. Just on holiday, mostly off grid and when I'm at home I have a dead line which BT refuse to fix... Awesomo.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    (The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I've had my engine (JenJin) and a couple of game-like tech demos in constant development since my last spat of activity here on PGD. It's a massive project and is nearing the stage where I'll be either inviting people to join me or possibly open sourcing it for version controlled development (git/cvs whatever))

I think some form of PGD community lib that can be used in game projects would be a good idea (some system for web high scores, a framework intergrating popular pascal audio/graphic libs etc)

Also a more extensive suite of pascal specific tutorials ('step by step', much in the vein of NeHe etc) seems like a good approach.

But I'd take my opinions with a pinch of salt being I was a strong advocate of the chat room and it hasn't really taken off
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    But I'd take my opinions with a pinch of salt being I was a strong advocate of the chat room and it hasn't really taken off
    I belive that the chat hasn't picked up becouse the fact that PGD members are from all around the world. What this means is that it is hard to synchronize to do any live chating. I myself had about half dozen times to do any live chating with someone and for that I had to stay up verry late (middle of the night). So unfortunately it doesn't look good for live chat system usage unless maybe for some pre aranged events.

was the chat ever implemented? cause I sure haven't seen it.

Blog Entries
    The AJAX Chat was given a testbed, but it never really caught on. I had thought of having a sort of webinar like series of events which one could chat online about each one as it played, but organizing is a factor there. And with everyone scattered around the globe as much as we are, it's hard to organize.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

As a sometimes woodworker I thought adding a few cad like elements to the explorer model might be useful. things are progressing nicely although I don't have a lot of time to code right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast