Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not Dead, just resting: What would juice this community?

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    The AJAX Chat was given a testbed, but it never really caught on. I had thought of having a sort of webinar like series of events which one could chat online about each one as it played, but organizing is a factor there. And with everyone scattered around the globe as much as we are, it's hard to organize.
    I for one would be happy to stay up on a weekend (for example) for some form of online community event.

A webinar with some interesting game/pascal peeps with time alloted for Q/A sections, coincide with the results of a PGD challenge etc. Perhaps throw in a death-match or two
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Then why don't you start a new thread inviting pepole to join you on certain date for a conversation. I think that for the first time we don't need to have specific topic for a conversation.
    The chat is still available on http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/chat.
    Also when you do this do include the next instruction:
    To stay conected into chat without timeout disconection members should first login to PGD webpage by check the "Remember me" checkbox before loging in. This creates permament sesion for both PGD site and the chat system. If members won't use this they will be automaticly disconected from Chat system 15 after las activity on PGD site no mater how active they are in chat.

PS Google Chrome is detecting some site script errors on http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/chat which prevents using it. I have no problems using Chats system on IE thou.

I think it would actually help if you made the link available on the main page of the website. you know so that the other people would know that there is a chat.
    Last edited by Dan; 20-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think it would actually help if you made the link available on the main page of the website. you know so that the other people would know that there is a chat.
    The reason why there is no link available on main page is due the fact that Chat is still being considered to be in testing version. There might be bugs in it and one of them is the need to use permament login sesion to avoid timeout disconects - the chat uses same cokie for sesion tracking as it is used for rest of PGD site. And the valididy of this cokie is 15 minutes. Meaning that if you are incative on PGD site for more than 15 minutes it will be as if you have loged out.
    In the beggining lots of pepole were drawn away from chat becouse of theese timeout logouts and we didn't know why this is happeneing until one day I actually figured it out becouse I used permament sesion login for PGD.

Blog Entries
    What if I made up a small coin logo that people could state their membership of this community?

Small image that you could put on your blog or showcase/project site. Then use that to link to the PGD site it's self.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD is already among the buttons on my site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Vegeta View Post

Very nice!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Super Vegeta View Post

Nice. I must redesign my web site, so I'll add it.
    No signature provided yet.

Long time no see folks!

Sorry it seems like I've been away a lot lately. I have been quite busy with some of my more serious than ever projects and my family is growing by 1 very soon. (It'll be a girl! )
    Excellent news, congratulations!!!

Tell us what you think and what would make you excited about this community!
    The showcase with the PGD mini competions would be a good choice to promote PGD and also attract new members.
    Also a repository with games labeled appropriatelly (eg Delphi/FPC, Win32/Win64/Linux/Mac, Easy/Medium/Advanced, OpenGL/DirectX/Other, 2D/3D/Text etc) with contributions from our members. Simple games including source code could also attract newbies, and also could give ideas to all of us. (all of us should have 1 or 2 simple games written in the past to contribute)
    Another thing I would like to see is more tutorials (I know it's hard)

The AJAX Chat was given a testbed, but it never really caught on. I had thought of having a sort of webinar like series of events which one could chat online about each one as it played, but organizing is a factor there. And with everyone scattered around the globe as much as we are, it's hard to organize.
    You could use existing IRC servers (quakenet, ircnet, ...) to host webchat too. Just 1 or more operators to control the channel, and it could go on 24/7 with no expense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123