View Poll Results: What kind of game project are you working on?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing at all. Too busy.

1 3.03%
  • None, just game engines or tools.

3 9.09%
  • I make simple free stuff for fun.

6 18.18%
  • I'm working on a commercial project and can talk about it much. (NDA, etc)

4 12.12%
  • I'm working on my own creator-owned project.

12 36.36%
  • I have a lot of prototypes/ideas, but I don't really have any concrete plans.

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is writing a game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm having problems geting myself to do any programing lately (lack of motivation) so I spent more time playing games than making them.
    Anywhay currently I have three projects planed.
    1. My game Life among the stars from 2nd PGD challenge - currently on hold (I still need to make decen GUIO for it)
    2. I'm creating my own VCL-like GUI library. If I manage to do it the way I have imagined, it would be posible to use this library with any Graphic Engine capable of working with vertex graphics and probably even with other programing languages. My poor knowledge on this area is giving me some hard time at the moment.
    3. I'm also planning to create my own program for creating graphics. I have idea for this for quite some time now but have decided to move it from idea to reality when I haven't managed to find suitable program for creating graphics for my game. So I folow the old saying: If you cant find suitable tool for yourself, go ahead and make one. This project is also on hold since I'm planing to use Game graphical engine (probably Asphyre Sphinx 2) for renderning whole form and all controls on it. I hope that in the future this will alow me to port this graphich creator program to other platforms aswel. And before I can continue working on this I need to finish my VCL like library.
    So in the end my VCL-like library has top priority at the moment.

I'm almost in same situation than SilverWarior, but my lack of motivation is that I just moved myself from Madrid to Burgos, so I'm tired and out of place. Lately I'm a bit more motivated and may be I'll continue with my Allegro.pas project soon.

Anyway, I'm planning to professionalize (as a lot of people asked me to sell some of my unfinished games) or move outside of Spain. Not sure what I'll do yet.
    No signature provided yet.

As of yesterday (Friday) my motivation has dropped significantly...I found out that I along with the rest of our office are being made redundant in maybe 4-6 weeks time
    Major dang and blast!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    As of yesterday (Friday) my motivation has dropped significantly...I found out that I along with the rest of our office are being made redundant in maybe 4-6 weeks time
    Major dang and blast!!
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll be able to find another job soon.
    Existence is pain

Blog Entries
    Wow that sucks Paul. I hope you'll find your next job with ease. You were a day-time software guy too am I right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Wow that sucks Paul. I hope you'll find your next job with ease. You were a day-time software guy too am I right?
    Yeah I did Delphi development + Excel Visual Basic macros in my job, mainly for in-house programs, utilities, and automation of work.

My main job was content design for our Electronics Design Automation (EDA) software, but I did do lots of programming over the course of around 13.5 years in this job - a bunch of that was making some plugins (DLLs) using Delphi for the EDA software as well as the utilities and job automation programs.

I am really good with Delphi I think

Blog Entries
    Heck I don't thinki anyone would dispute your work in delphi but it sure does suck to see so many talented and awesome people being made redundant these days...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I'm currently on my current project, FAR Colony (or FARC), and it has just 3 years since August 16 now

The Alpha 3 [0.5.2] will be released in the next days.

There are again 2/3 years of work until the complete beta stage.
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Currently I'm working on a set of classes and components based on an existing API for an online game. Plan to release it as soon as complete and stable.

Currently im working on a 3D map editor, i actually worked on it since 2008, rewrote it hundreds of times and now i have to do it again, because im unable to find fast object picking for my editor.
    Tried many things and most of them fail or are too slow.

The rest of the features are easy. The editor is for specific game, made in 1999, my most favorite game and that's why i work on map editor for 5 years now, i had many months of doing my other things, while this project was just "freezed".

Now im again on it. Im doing it in OpenGL and Delphi 7 Personal Ed.

For me, making this editor, is alot more interesting than making some game.
    Im not much of a gamer, i only play few games, including the favorite one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast