View Poll Results: What kind of game project are you working on?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing at all. Too busy.

1 3.03%
  • None, just game engines or tools.

3 9.09%
  • I make simple free stuff for fun.

6 18.18%
  • I'm working on a commercial project and can talk about it much. (NDA, etc)

4 12.12%
  • I'm working on my own creator-owned project.

12 36.36%
  • I have a lot of prototypes/ideas, but I don't really have any concrete plans.

7 21.21%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is writing a game?

I'm almost in same situation than SilverWarior, but my lack of motivation is that I just moved myself from Madrid to Burgos, so I'm tired and out of place. Lately I'm a bit more motivated and may be I'll continue with my Allegro.pas project soon.

Anyway, I'm planning to professionalize (as a lot of people asked me to sell some of my unfinished games) or move outside of Spain. Not sure what I'll do yet.
    No signature provided yet.

As of yesterday (Friday) my motivation has dropped significantly...I found out that I along with the rest of our office are being made redundant in maybe 4-6 weeks time
    Major dang and blast!!

Currently I'm working on a set of classes and components based on an existing API for an online game. Plan to release it as soon as complete and stable.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    As of yesterday (Friday) my motivation has dropped significantly...I found out that I along with the rest of our office are being made redundant in maybe 4-6 weeks time
    Major dang and blast!!
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll be able to find another job soon.
    Existence is pain

Blog Entries
    Wow that sucks Paul. I hope you'll find your next job with ease. You were a day-time software guy too am I right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Wow that sucks Paul. I hope you'll find your next job with ease. You were a day-time software guy too am I right?
    Yeah I did Delphi development + Excel Visual Basic macros in my job, mainly for in-house programs, utilities, and automation of work.

My main job was content design for our Electronics Design Automation (EDA) software, but I did do lots of programming over the course of around 13.5 years in this job - a bunch of that was making some plugins (DLLs) using Delphi for the EDA software as well as the utilities and job automation programs.

I am really good with Delphi I think

Blog Entries
    Heck I don't thinki anyone would dispute your work in delphi but it sure does suck to see so many talented and awesome people being made redundant these days...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I'm currently on my current project, FAR Colony (or FARC), and it has just 3 years since August 16 now

The Alpha 3 [0.5.2] will be released in the next days.

There are again 2/3 years of work until the complete beta stage.
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    I'm currently on my current project, FAR Colony (or FARC), and it has just 3 years since August 16 now

The Alpha 3 [0.5.2] will be released in the next days.

There are again 2/3 years of work until the complete beta stage.
    I tried your game some time ago and must say that I haven't played it a lot. The main reason was the fact that I never actually figured it out how to play it (there was no tutoria at the time I don't know if there is now).
    Anywhay it surpised me today when I learned that FAR Colony is done in pascal. I honestly didn't knew that before.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I tried your game some time ago and must say that I haven't played it a lot. The main reason was the fact that I never actually figured it out how to play it (there was no tutoria at the time I don't know if there is now).
    Anywhay it surpised me today when I learned that FAR Colony is done in pascal. I honestly didn't knew that before.
    It's a bit early for some tutorials, FARC lack of many things yet.
    It's dev in Delphi 2009 w/ an old build of GLScene + some TMS components + fastcode + fastMM + GR32 + Vampyre Imaging Lib.

Thansk for your interest
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast