Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice for OpenGL

Blog Entries
    The friends of fpc site has a section on starting out with the opengl/sdl combo if I recall
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Also, since we've gone through several years and different approaches to OpenGL over those years, take care to notice the date of that information. There may be more accurate or up to date literature about OpenGL for Free Pascal, Delphi or other tools. If you want the latest and greatest OpenGL stuff though, I'd recommend following Sascha Willems who run his own blog and the DelphiGL.com community for German Pascal game developers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Okay, thanks guys. A lot of things to pay attention to ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

I have always wondered why they made it German programming community. Don't they think there *might* be some pascal game developers outside their country?

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    I have always wondered why they made it German programming community. Don't they think there *might* be some pascal game developers outside their country?
    Why this is not my intention but my reply might insult some pepole. I do apologize in advance.
    One of the reasons why they make it German programing community is that Germans are a proud nation which thinks that if pepole would like to learn somethink from them they should first learn to speak German. The verry same thinking is present in American and other English speaking nations.
    Another reason is the fact that back in the days both TurboPascal and Delphi were extremly popular in Germany. And since Germany is quite large country they had no need to atract pascal developers from around the world since they already had quite large comunity populated mostly by Germans.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I did write a nice reply regarding written language use in the world but it got lost.

So I'll recap :

English language skills vary greatly across Germany.

Google translate is useless when dealing with programmers terminology (it translates very poorly or rather, computer terms can be cumbersome in many languages)

Worlds 3 most common spoken languages (native speakers) : Mandarin, Spanish, English

Worlds 3 most common spoken languages (multi-lingual speakers) : Spanish, English, Mandarin

Pascal keywords are in English.

We should all probably learn Spanish.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Yes, but German is the most spoken language (native speakers) in the European Union. But maybe we should learn Mandarin; it's the future. Anyway, I think that's rather off-topic, isn't it?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Well, it's so happens that OpenGL headers are hosted by German community. They are similar communities in Spanish, Russian, and I'm sure there are many more in other languages, each hosting their own unique content.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12