Thread: Pascal Gamer First Podcast: What do you want to hear about?

Blog Entries

Question Pascal Gamer First Podcast: What do you want to hear about?

Well I'm gearing up for the first podcast with al the tools I need and I am creating a list of topics that I think would be interesting and important to talk about. Amoung them will obviously be XE3, cross platform development and the latest games that we can find. Do you guys have any topics or things you'd like us to talk about?

Also if you have any ideas for the new podcast drop a post here and tell me about it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I would like to hear some interviews with various game developers about how they started making games, their upfals/downfals etc.
    Also I would like to hear some podcasts with authors of various tools like development IDE-s, programs for making graphics, sound etc. We are mosty programing comunity but you all know that if you want to develop a game you will also needs some graphics, sounds, etc. unles it is a text based game.
    Having some podcasts about hardware advancments, or new platforms would also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I would like to hear some interviews with various game developers about how they started making games, their upfals/downfals etc.
    That sounds like a 10-part series, at least, just for me. I could start that day I got my programmable calculator. I am sure most others have similar stories.
    Also I would like to hear some podcasts with authors of various tools like development IDE-s, programs for making graphics, sound etc. We are mosty programing comunity but you all know that if you want to develop a game you will also needs some graphics, sounds, etc. unles it is a text based game.
    I have much to say there too, but it is 90% Mac, and it seems few would care. Actually, I feel not even the Mac users want to know any more.
    Having some podcasts about hardware advancments, or new platforms would also be great.
    Like Android or compile to Java bytecode? Or even newer stuff?

Do you guys have any topics or things you'd like us to talk about?
    It would be great to hear about some game marketing too, perhaps some tips for indies? Also, some information about publishing on Google Play Store, Apple App Store or Microsoft App Store would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Among them will obviously be XE3, cross platform development and the latest games that we can find.
    May I also suggest approaching David I, or if you are lucky to catch up with JT, regarding the incoming Embarcadero product for targeting iOS. This way, you might be able to get some of information about the part we are developing for them.