Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.0 has been released.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    By the way, Asphyre Sphinx 3 works with Delphi XE 3.

Also, I've ported some lousy software rasterizer for Asphyre Sphinx 3, for those who want some fun with it.

Post Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.2 (DX11, DX9, Linux) and Tulip UI

It's time for another update. Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.2 has been released, which resolves minor aesthetic issues in DirectX 11 provider, fixes sleep recovery in DirectX 9 Ex (vista) provider and resolves minor timing problem. In addition, this release now features native Linux OpenGL provider that no longer depends on other packages thanks to code kindly provided by Andru, the developer of ZenGL.

Also, an alternative UI with its accompanying open-source WYSIWYG editor is now available called Tulip User Interface Library, kindly provided by Marcos Gomes. It uses latest language features of Delphi XE 2 and XE 3 and allows creating of a very good looking interfaces, while being also very easy to use.
    Last edited by LP; 09-09-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo in author name, sorry. :(

Okay, I just tried it with my Xubuntu 12.04 64bit. Version 3.0.1 worked fine. This is what I receive for all examples on the terminal (even after newly compiled):
    The program 'Shapes' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
    (Details: serial 418 error_code 8 request_code 135 minor_code 5)
    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
    None of the examples works now for me. I thought you might need to know this.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Seems this is a problem of NVIDIA blob(currently your videocard is GeForce 8600GT?) and initializing OpenGL context with custom options, when you use already created window with unknown visualinfo. Try to open XGLDevices.pas and replace line 168 with this one:
    Code:
    GLX_BLUE_SIZE, 8, GLX_ALPHA_SIZE, 0, GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER, GL_TRUE,
    here main change is GLX_ALPHA_SIZE, 0
    Last edited by Andru; 11-09-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Andru, that helped and now it works.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Thanks for reporting this, I'm going to change the source code to remove the alpha attribute.

Post Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.3 (FireMonkey v2 in Delphi XE 3)

This is another semi-major release Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.3, which now supports FireMonkey v2 in Delphi XE 3. It also includes a rewritten timer component that properly displays high FPS values (e.g. 5000 FPS and higher) in FreePascal/Lazarus, along with some other minor bug-fixes.

Please note that FireMonkey v1 in Delphi XE 2 is not going to be supported anymore to reduce maintenance costs. If you need to use FireMonkey v1 to target Mac OS X, you can either keep using Asphyre Sphinx 2.x branch (which is now deprecated), or use Asphyre Sphinx 3.x in FreePascal/Lazarus, which targets Mac OS X natively.

Also, on Windows platform if you use FireMonkey v2, only Direct3D 9 provider is used and enforced. If you want to use DirectX 10 or 11 on Windows, you will have to use Asphyre Sphinx 3.x natively in Delphi/VCL. You can also use DirectX 11 natively in FreePascal/Lazarus.

Very impressive the frequency of the updates ! =)

Are you planning to release some new game soon? I'm curious to see the full power of this new Asphyre in action! =)

The reason of frequent updates is that some features are developed in series of steps. It would be difficult and time consuming to develop all and everything simultaneously.

Regarding your question: yes, we have two pending game projects yet to be released, although the priority is to push these projects to mobile platforms. At the moment we're short on "manpower", so the projects have been put on hold temporally.

Specifically about myself - I'm developing some project for Embarcadero, but at the moment have a short break, so I'm trying to use this free time to be with my family and update Asphyre in the meantime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12