Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.0 has been released.

Post Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.3 (FireMonkey v2 in Delphi XE 3)

This is another semi-major release Asphyre Sphinx 3.0.3, which now supports FireMonkey v2 in Delphi XE 3. It also includes a rewritten timer component that properly displays high FPS values (e.g. 5000 FPS and higher) in FreePascal/Lazarus, along with some other minor bug-fixes.

Please note that FireMonkey v1 in Delphi XE 2 is not going to be supported anymore to reduce maintenance costs. If you need to use FireMonkey v1 to target Mac OS X, you can either keep using Asphyre Sphinx 2.x branch (which is now deprecated), or use Asphyre Sphinx 3.x in FreePascal/Lazarus, which targets Mac OS X natively.

Also, on Windows platform if you use FireMonkey v2, only Direct3D 9 provider is used and enforced. If you want to use DirectX 10 or 11 on Windows, you will have to use Asphyre Sphinx 3.x natively in Delphi/VCL. You can also use DirectX 11 natively in FreePascal/Lazarus.

Very impressive the frequency of the updates ! =)

Are you planning to release some new game soon? I'm curious to see the full power of this new Asphyre in action! =)

The reason of frequent updates is that some features are developed in series of steps. It would be difficult and time consuming to develop all and everything simultaneously.

Regarding your question: yes, we have two pending game projects yet to be released, although the priority is to push these projects to mobile platforms. At the moment we're short on "manpower", so the projects have been put on hold temporally.

Specifically about myself - I'm developing some project for Embarcadero, but at the moment have a short break, so I'm trying to use this free time to be with my family and update Asphyre in the meantime.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234