Thread: Android ICS 7" Gamepad

Android ICS 7" Gamepad

"Archos unveils 7-inch GamePad with physical controls, Ice Cream Sandwich for 'less than €150'"
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/a...ical-controls/

the dust of Ouya has even settled. Is it just me or could such a thing be the precursor to a whole new wave of gaming platforms?
    On-screen touch controls just never felt as good as physical controllers. Even if the Archos is too cheaply built other vendors (Asus, Samsung...) could follow.

And with Google & Mozilla pushing the Gamepad API, this should be accessible for browser games too.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I'd be excited to work on a gamepad capable version of a mobile platform.

I think Android would shine better as a console more so than a mobile device. The OUYA and more devices like this would be an opportunity to see if that is actually so.

We've also proven that Oxygene for Java is a great tool to make games with thanks to Paul and Peter for their game submissions to the last PGD Challenge.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Can I just say that looks like one amazing piece of kit... And with one heck of a sweet price tag for its insides too. Now if there was a PSP emulator... XD
    Last edited by code_glitch; 30-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.