Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KOFFE - The Fighting Engine.

Blog Entries
    Hey cool! I can almost imagine seeing this being played right now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

There are a lot of things that works, but isn't still a game. It loads all data and animations, it does the game cycle (intro - wrawl -end) and even animates. But I haven't implemented the user input nor the AI so that's why I didn't record a video yet.

Now I must tune my new computer, translate the SVN to the new Sourceforge repository system (a pain in the ...) and I'll add an in-game command console system.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    So what are your plans for supported platforms and compilers?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

At the moment, FreePascal for Linux and Windows (theoretically it should work on MacOS X, but AFAIK nobody has test Allegro.pas in Apple computers yet so I have no idea if it works). May be version 2.x will allow Delphi too.

Reporting:

I had the game loop and the animation working but then I read Mat Buckland's "Writting game IA by example" and I said "Of course I was so afraid about how to code character control, dude: I'm doing the FSM in the wrong way!" so I decide to stop, step back, redo the UML-Class diagram and re-sort my code.

Also I've wrote an old-style sprite engine and now I'm modifying all drawing stuff to use it. Then I'll rewrite my SFM using an object oriented design instead of long CASEs statements.

Well, well, much time since the last report.

I've almost rewrote the whole thing and now uses a Finite State Machine to control all the game. It works pretty nice, but for the user it looks almost exactly than months ago. Sad.

Unfortunately I have not much time to work on my hobby projects right now. Fortunately, part of a "job" project I'm working for can be added to the engine, so the project is actually progressing.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 29-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Pretty cool o.O

Yeah free time is a precious asset
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Yes it is. Unfortunatelly I'm too busy and I have some personal issues too so I can't work either in Allegro or Koffe.

The project was in stand-by for a long time, but I've done some improvements the last weeks. Looks like I'm a perfectionist so I was rewriting a lot of internal stuff, so nothing new to see, but it looks better with a smaller executable and a more modular engine.

I've created a TKOFFE_Game class that is a rewrite of the good old TApplication class from Delphi and Lazarus. It contains all common stuff, such as the configuration, interface graphics and so. It also contains the main loop and manages all resources.

I've also rewrote the way it works using a better object oriented state system.

Next step is start working on the "figthing stuff". You know, user input, character animation, collisions, etc. Don't know when it will became playable, but I'm optimistic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12