Firstly, those 3d models are bl**dy awesome. So low poly, and cartoony, but look soo cool. With that style you could pump out soo many models pretty quickly I'd think.

Lol, I love em .

Ok, I mostly use Lightwave for modeling,animating,render,etc. And Milkshape for making UT models. I posted my current LW work in the Introduce yourself thread (page 7), I'll post some updates and other stuff when I can get back to my own pc. I've used blender a hand full of times, but still need more time with it before I'm comfortable.

For the past few years I've done a lot of work with a small Online (and offline) RPG. I've just recently (3 months ago) started work on a small server for it. Players connect, enter a chat room, join games, etc similar to battle.net. So I have a bit of experience with Multiplayer Online stuff. Umm, I've done a little work with AI: puzzels, RPG monster battles, platform game bot pathfinding, etc. And I'd have to say implementing multiplayer is a easier than AI, but that depends an how advanced the game will be.

Bit by bit I've been working on small engine for an AdvancedWars (2) clone. One of my favourite Trun-Based tactics games. If you've never played it, the game (on the gameboy) has pretty poor graphics and uses a straight topdown squared map, but the game is very stratigic. And is about gaing the advantage in combat by moving through trees and mountainous terrain to gain more defence, etc.

Sadly I've never played X-COM/UFO, so i'm not too sure of the game play.
Could I hear some more of your thoughts on the setting, gameplay, story,etc.
Are you thinking total 3d or 3d rendered sprites? 3d tile based? Tactical like FF Tactics, ogre tactics? or just a hack and slash?

I've been wanting to make turn based game for ages, and I have heaps of ideas.
I'd love for you to start a a small Dev team for this.
I think it should be kept extremely simply (at first), don't worry too much about simple things like graphics, those can be change later. But yeah, i'm loving those 3d models .
So yeah, waiting for your reply...