Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
Lets make a check list of what we've gone through, and still need to work out:

:arrow: The theme is medievil, warriors, knights, wizards, etc?, with robots and guns and stuff?
:arrow: Total 3d, characters, maps, effects?
:arrow: Square Tile, Flat maps.
:arrow: Multiplayer, connect to a server to play games, and trade items?
:arrow: Open source
:arrow: Portable
ok for this

and some other stuff to decide:
:arrow: Render engine? OpenGl or a custom engine?
:arrow: Single Player? MultiPlayer with computer controlled players aswell?
:arrow: Is game data saved on a server or users pc?
Well if we want to implement multiplayer in this way, i'd drop single player.
About the data, i'll save all on server, and the "official" version of each running game will be the one on the server (this reduce possibility to cheat).

They can go to a sort of 'Market place or town/city', and can buy/hire characters. These characters are slaves/loyal soldiers/mercenaries/minions and they work/serve for you. And they usually start off low level. You can buy items and equipment for them to use in battle.
When you've got a small party of characters ready, you can then go fight with them. Train outside in a 'wilderness', fight in an arena, or challenge another player. When you win battles your characters will gain EXP and increase levels. Giving the RPG part to the game.
For this part of the game i was thinking of a managerial impostation, with no "movement" on a map or such. Much like soccer game where you handle your team before the actual match.
In your view it seems you have a map where you move to seach battles. I think it will better to keep the thing "virtual" and concentrate on the battle part.