Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
I've mostly modeled furturistic vehicles so far. I've got a bunch of half started fantasy characters - wierd monster looking things, goblins, a dwarf, a rat man, gargoyle, skeleton, minator - just to name a few.
:shock:
That's just "a few" ? Looks like i've solved my problems with graphics

Have you got some sort of tile width marked out for the map? So it will be easier to position and size the models. Mabye drawing a wireframe rectangle in the Editor, so you can see if a model is too big and outside the tile width?
Ok, i'll make a reference on the editor. If i remember correctly the tiles are 4 units in length (i must check this, i could be mistaking).

I've also started porting your XML export script to LScript for Lightwave. It sort of works, but it exports all the meshes and layers as one big model file.
(I'm still trying to figure out how to use layers with Lscript, all the reference info I've found on lscript is for version 8, but i've got version 7 and nothing seems to work :? )
Ah, It's not that important, but if I get it working properly I'll be able to pump out models for the game really fast.
I've never used Lightwave so i can't help you
Anyway that could be useful.. i think there lots of Lightwave users out there too.

Bye bye! I'm posting updates soon.