Thread: Platformation Under VisualStudio 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi !

thanks for your response !
    I see Oxygene as you see it I believe, it s very cool because always native. I'm a little tired to do or search about pascal unit translation for using something. here, in .Net, JVM or in the arriving Obj.c the language will use all of that natively.
    have you see the last post of Marc Hoffmann ? On MAc, it will be native : 64bits on macOs and 32 bits on ios. Very impressive stuff.

Overall price is cool too.

The only drawback, for instance, is the documentation : I've unfortunally not succeded to do something with the java stuff. always "unknown class" summoned.
    I play with the reference, but nothing.
    I took the platformation project of Paul but that not seems to work on theyr last release.
    Have you the private mail of Paul ? he Might be unplugged those last weeks.

cheers.

Hi Vinzvega, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...I went to write a reply the other day, but my computer crashed for a while and I lost the post

With my Platformation game, the source code I uploaded wasn't quite the latest version from memory - v2 verses v4 I believe. Also you need to put the required .jar files here unless you change the reference paths:
    c:\programming\lwjgl\jar\ <all lwjgl jar files here in their sub folders>
    c:\programming\ibxm.jar
    c:\programming\slick-util.jar

If you just download and copy the lwjgl folder that contains the jar, native, and other folders to c:\programming\lwjgl then that should work.

I have also found that there have been compiler changes since I created Platformation, like a bunch of classes and emums for example now needing to be made public for the game to compile.
    If I get time, I will upload the latest source code once I get it compiling again in the latest Oxygene for Java

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 23-09-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added information

and some other changes like you have observed like "=" needing to be ":=" for initializing variables at declaration time too...

If you need it, you can get the latest version of lwjgl here:
    http://www.lwjgl.org/download.php

Hi Paul,

thanks for your response : Sorry but I didn't see it until now !

Yes, I've encountered the syntax change (it is unbelivable to SEE the birth of a new langage, something as the change of the syntax - so funny) )
    and I succeed to build your project.

But : On runtime, I have always stuff like : Message: 'java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path'
    I'm sorry, it is certainly basic error, but I feel unarmed front of this kind of stuff.

And the ibxm and slick-uitl, I do not see it.

I believe Oxygene under Visual2012 change a lot from the not so long time you done this program, and I will happy if you refresh it...

As important as the program for me, is your impression about oxygene, in a strategic view.

I feel a bit disapointed about Emb XE2/3, firstly because of them marketing behaviour. they drop xe2 completely. FPC will be always a solution, fortunally. But tools lacks.
    RemObject are impressive, but documentation and example are poor. I'm hesitate. That stress me )

Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega View Post
    Hi Paul,

thanks for your response : Sorry but I didn't see it until now !

Yes, I've encountered the syntax change (it is unbelivable to SEE the birth of a new langage, something as the change of the syntax - so funny) )
    and I succeed to build your project.

But : On runtime, I have always stuff like : Message: 'java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path'
    I'm sorry, it is certainly basic error, but I feel unarmed front of this kind of stuff.

And the ibxm and slick-uitl, I do not see it.
    Hi Vincent, I have attached the ibxm and slick-util jar files as a zip file:
    ibxm and slick-util.zip

Sorry about that!
    Extract those to the c:\programming folder as mentioned above, unless you change the references path

cheers,
    Paul