Legolas: Looks great.

Just a few comments on your revision of DevPascal. I think it'll be best if you try to remove all 3rd party components besides SynEdit(as it seems to be supported by Delphi, Kylix and FPC). This will help you support more than one compiler and reduce the mess of the entire code. That and well who needs them anyhow.

As for what to compile this under... Lazarus makes HUGE exe files so maybe not the best option, but if you can manage to eventually migrate it to become almost 100% barebones-FPC compilable, that'd probably be the best thing for it. Then you basically have a self sustaining development tool like that of Borland's Delphi (IDE and the Object Pascal compiler together compiled from a previous version of Delphi).

It would be nice to have a inline debugger aswell, but for now I think I could settle for jus the usual kind of debugger that we are all used to from Borland(Turbo Pascal and Delphi's debuggers that when the warning, hint or error is clicked on in the error messages it takes you to the line of code that it has the problem with).

:!: The revision looks great so far. A word or warning however if you plan to try using Kylix for porting... As of now the latest version of the Linux Kernel 2.6.x will not run or allow Kylix 3 executables to be ran through the IDE either. There is an issue with the new kernel and the compiler. Some sites offer some information about the problem, but I, myself have not found a way to do anything to fix the problem. If you find a fix, great, but I'd recommend fixing before you rely to tightly on Kylix until a future version of it is released(with fixes for the 2.6.x kernel problem) :!:

Keep up the great work! If you create a page for your 'variation' of Dev-Pascal, I can post a news item on this and maybe bring more traffic and attention to your project.