Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what IDE for FPC

what IDE for FPC

The Delphi source for the original DevPas is available at http://www.bloodshed.net/devpascal.html.

This source would not include Legolas' improvements though.

Blog Entries

what IDE for FPC

Hmm... I almost completely forgot about this project.

Me and Legolas have been working at the GBA support for FPC for some time now, I wonder if this wonderful IDE project has gotten any further. I'd have to guess not, but he did do a great job updating it to match with the look and feel of the more current Dev-C++ though.

Perhaps once we are done getting all the major GBA hardware supported Legolas can add some of the GBA features in the linker/compiler options aswell. Making it the first GBA supported IDE for a Pascal compiler.

As for translation; Thats actaully a great idea. But instead of completely going through all the source and having to change all the characters to match the language you want it to be ported to(Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, Italian, Russian, German, etc) you just create and add a new language file and then when you runthe IDE you can choose which language you want to use durring a 'First Run' wizard. *shrug* It's an idea.

Fcw: Welcome to PGD!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

what IDE for FPC

while i like lazarus i just want an editor like Dev Pascal with the code sensing and javadoc features of Eclipse. That would be really awesome. I dont need any gui shit like delphi as none of my projects use that part of it. Its just for syntax highlighting and code sense. And of course compiling. It would be really code to add these sorts of features to this IDE
    Homepage - http://incubii.port5.com

what IDE for FPC

I'm sorry, but I lost dev-pas sources in an hard drive disaster... I did not succeed to save them and - shame on me - no backup :cry:

Looking on the new fpc for gba, I'm thinking about an IDE lighter/smaller (from scratch) and gba targeted, with some little tools, like image converter and so on. I would like to use scintilla instead of synedit, because it have a nice feature: code folding. What do you think about?
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

what IDE for FPC

Hmm... it could be taken a slight bit further and go for game development in general. And IDE targeted for game development. And of course it would need to have the kind of code completion features that Delphi has.

It could turn out that there will be 2 major IDEs outside of the realm of Borland. Lazarus and this new one.

Question is... do we start from scratch or 'use and abuse' code from Dev-Pascal? AND what do we develop it with in the beginning? Lazarus or Dev-Pascal?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

what IDE for FPC

I've just found Programmer's Notepad 2, which is written pretty much the way that I was writing my own IDE. He even has middle-click to close tabs! And the find dialog is a strip along the bottom of the editing window (in the CVS version)! Just like I had done already in my IDE because those features rock so much in Firefox.

Yes, it's written in C++ with the WTL, but I'll forgive the author for that because he also writes Delphi stuff, like a Scintilla wrapper for Delphi. It is written around the Scintilla edit control that Legolas mentioned and has support for projects and project groups.

what IDE for FPC

I've used Programmers Notepad 2 for a while, and I find it quite handy for multiple uses. And now I learned the middlebutton-thingy too nice nice
    _____
    Eriken

what IDE for FPC

Long ago I begin use the UEStdio it sopport many thing and autocomplete
    even it support pascal language files in the webpage but I do a better one for myself.I think it very good,but it only a bug that had to debug my program.I need the FreePascal IDE for in the dos.
    Lazarus is very good but it run slow, I was tired of it.
    I ever goto the bloodshed but I can't visit it!
    hope Dev-pas could be done!

what IDE for FPC

I would consider hiding the component palette in Lazarus if you don't want that stuff in your face and in the way. I am planning to have an option to hide the component palette in a project called Lazarus RB.

I use Lazarus RB Edition for CGI development alot, so I don't need to have the component pallette shoved in my face. I feel your pain. Sometimes, you just don't need the components in your way: not everything is a desktop GUI application. If you hide the component palette, Lazarus is a pretty good text editor! (along with a kick ass modular plug-in system in RB edition).

For the fellow who was talking about building small applications, consider KOL. You can build KOL applications visually in Delphi, and then compile them with no modifications to the source code in Lazarus (windows only, not linux right now). Obviously that's not a true solution, but I plan to build plug-ins for Lazarus RB which assist KOL development (and a whole load of other stuff, like Pascal Server Pages).
    http://z505.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234