Thread: Brtech1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega View Post
    Hi Benjamin,

wow, Very impressive ! And the implementation of the vertex manipulation and textures stuff on the gpu might be very cool ! It is the case for all the platform (ios ?) ?
    If the PowerVR SGX GPU in the iPhones supports at least 13 shader vertex attributes (because for the on-the-GPU-interpolation of animated models), then yes, because the OpenGL ES 2.0 specification says just 8 vertex shader attributes as minimum, but most all current mobile GPUs (PowerVR SGX 540, Mali400MP, Tegra2&3, Arendo205, etc.) in android devices are supporting at least 16 vertex shader attributes. But for example the OpenGL 2.0 capable GPU in the Raspberry PI is a OpenGL 2.0 capable GPU with the absolute minimum OpenGL ES 2.0 specification data (so only 8 vertex shader attributes as minimum etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega View Post
    Let us know the advance of your project on it !
    - I'm not aware of quacke like stuff : is there some editor to use ?
    - Have you a licence plan for this engine ?

cheers !
    For maps: GTKradiant http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/ but only with the GPL full-opensource variant (where commerical usage isn't a problem, at least here in germany), because the old proprietary half-opensource/half-closedsource variant disallows commerical usage without a license from id Software.

For models: Blender, 3DSMax, etc. the models must be exported and converted then to the MD3 or the newer IQM file format.

License plan: I want to do myself a own game with it, before I'll start licensing with a unity-like freeimum model (here including a opensource dual license model, so the engine source code will be available under a dual-commerical-license-suitable opensource license, like idtech1-idtech4), so for free games => no cost, and for non-free games => small revenue participation (20% to 30%) and no high one-off payment in advance, so the planned licensing will mostly complete risk-free for the licensees.

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Wow, this is amazing. I work (kind of still am) on an engine which also provides support for Q3 assests (maps, models and such), but I guess you beat me to it
    Great work. I'm interested to see what kind of a game you might develop with this.
    Thanks

As said, I want to do a game with it. A futuristic cyberpunk first person shooter or something in that game genre direction, but I do need still artists for this (for game detail concept design, maps, models, textures and material shaders). Code, SFX and music I'm doing myself. So i am looking for artists.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Wow Benjamin...just wow
    I'm awestruck mate, kudos!!
    Also thanks
    Last edited by BeRo; 24-09-2012 at 05:46 AM.